Academy Sports & Outdoors
Academy Sports & Outdoors Benefits
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
"You don't get PTO/Vacation time unless you've been there for 18 months. If you request any days off before you have any vacation time, expect to be…" (3 comments)
- Employee Discount
"Employee discount is only 20% (like most retail places...), but it doesn't apply toward clearance items." (3 comments)
- High % reporting
- Medium % reporting
- Low % / No reports
- * Employer Verified
Insurance, Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Occupation Accident Insurance
- Health Care On-Site
- Mental Health Care
- Retiree Health & Medical
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Financial & Retirement
- Pension Plan
- 401K Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Performance Bonus
- Stock Options
- Equity Incentive Plan
- Supplemental Workers' Compensation
- Charitable Gift Matching
Family & Parenting
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Work From Home
- Fertility Assistance
- Dependent Care
- Adoption Assistance
- Reduced or Flexible Hours
- Military Leave
- Family Medical Leave
- Unpaid Extended Leave
Vacation & Time Off
Perks & Discounts
- Employee Discount
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gym Membership
- Commuter Checks & Assistance
- Pet Friendly Workplace
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Company Car
- Company Social Events
- Travel Concierge
- Legal Assistance
- Academy Sports & Outdoors Nov 20, 2014
Worst it took 6 months to get but I understand that has changed. Great employer matched contribution up to 3% dollar for dollar.
- Academy Sports & Outdoors Dec 8, 2014
They work with schedule really well. The worst part is probably the sick time. You get sick time when full time but if you have to go to part time, which most people do, you lose it all and never get paid for it.
- Academy Sports & Outdoors Nov 21, 2014
Eligible after 6 months of continuous employment
o Reimbursement for college tuition and mandatory fees for undergraduate and graduates studies
- full-time associates $2,000 per year; part-time associates $1,000 per year
o Continuing Education (up to $500 per calendar year) for computer/technical courses and English, Spanish and Sign Language classes
- Academy Sports & Outdoors Nov 3, 2014
My store is ok about asking for certain days off. I've heard others aren't Health Insurance is good, provided you make enough to pay for it. It's very expensive. We "win" store contests per district and supposed to win money for employee activities. But somehow we never see it. But the Managers Office is always loaded with snacks, cake, and drinks for management only.
- Academy Sports & Outdoors Oct 22, 2014
The vacation accrual rate was great. The health insurance cost was high.
- Academy Sports & Outdoors Nov 7, 2014
You have to be there 18 months to receive any sort of PTO time, 401k plan, tuition reimbursement, etc. Until then, work till you drop.
- Academy Sports & Outdoors Oct 1, 2014
Cons: You do not receive sick time until after 6mo of work. Leave if you are out of sick time and vaca is taken out of your pay check, even if it is for a family or medical event that is unforeseen.
Pros: Great health care and vision plans!
- Academy Sports & Outdoors Oct 7, 2014
There are decent benefits for full time associates, but as soon as the company went from being a family owned business to a company owned business certain benefits have been diminished.
- Academy Sports & Outdoors Sep 23, 2014
The 401k is the only program worth getting. When the company goes public that will go the way of the rest of there benefits.
- Academy Sports & Outdoors Sep 18, 2014
Worked part time and no benefits.