Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com
- Software Development Engineer (852)
- Software Engineer (767)
- Area Manager (201)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (189)
- Software Development Engineer I (148)
- Software Developer (136)
- Senior Product Manager (132)
- Operations Manager (99)
- Intern (97)
- Software Development Engineer I Intern (94)
- Software Development Engineer II (91)
- Senior Software Engineer (83)
- Software Development Manager (79)
- Product Manager (77)
- Software Engineer Intern (75)
- Financial Analyst (74)
- Brand Specialist (65)
- Warehouse Associate (65)
- Technical Program Manager (64)
- Fulfillment Associate (57)
- Program Manager (52)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (52)
- Senior Financial Analyst (43)
- Business Analyst (40)
- Senior Vendor Manager (38)
- Support Engineer (35)
- Amazon Area Manager (34)
- Recruiter (33)
- Software Developer Intern (32)
- Customer Service Associate (32)
Got a phone interview. The question is to figure out if two binary trees are the same or not
Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com
SDE-intern InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week – interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.
The first round had basic linked list questions that were easy.The second round had questions pertaining to files,hash maps and trees.The interviews were 1:1 and an option to use paper or use whiteboard to write programs.
SDE-intern InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days – interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.
Two rounds phone interview. Every round takes 45 minutes.
- Nothing difficult. Answer Question
SDE-intern InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.
Applied through the university career services. Got a call from Amazon for a phone interview in the next week. There were 2 45-minutes back to back coding interviews. The interviewers were helpful and asked questions on the coding logic. One of the interviewer asked about the past projects.
- There were 2 coding questions. First was to extend a class that contained the names and ratings of movies so as to get a list of similar movies and the movie name with the highest rating. Second question was pretty simple, given an array of integers, print first two numbers that sum upto 10. Answer Question
SDE-intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.
I applied on the university career website. Got a call saying they are interested in interviewing me. Setup two interviews for a scheduled day. First person dint call as I think he couldnt connect, or got busy. Second interview went smooth. He asked me to write a simple program, swapping two variables values. Then asked about linked list, hash-maps, pros and cons of each, time complexities. After a week second interview was setup, he asked questions on similar lines. Like, writing a code to reverse a string, discussed time-complexities, different sorting algorithms, and different data structures. Got a call after a long while with an internship offer.
- All questions were easy Answer Question
No negotiation for interns
SDE-intern InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2013.
Applied through campus career fair in university and got called for 1:1 on campus interview which lasted for about 30 minutes. Questions asked were mostly design questions, and a few technical questions from projects on your resume. Scalability is most commonly tested during interviews. Interviewer provided helpful hints wherever needed
- Design an online book reader system Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review