Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com
- Software Engineer (722)
- Software Development Engineer (687)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (190)
- Area Manager (151)
- Software Developer (132)
- Senior Product Manager (108)
- Software Development Engineer I (93)
- Intern (87)
- Senior Software Engineer (77)
- Software Engineer Intern (75)
- Software Development Engineer II (70)
- Operations Manager (68)
- Product Manager (64)
- Technical Program Manager (62)
- Software Development Manager (61)
- Financial Analyst (48)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (47)
- Warehouse Associate (45)
- Program Manager (44)
- Senior Financial Analyst (38)
- Software Development Engineer I Intern (33)
- Software Developer Intern (32)
- Senior Vendor Manager (32)
- Brand Specialist (32)
- Business Analyst (31)
- Fulfillment Associate (29)
- Support Engineer (28)
- Vendor Manager (25)
- Customer Service Associate (23)
- Engineering (23)
4 people found this helpfulApplication Details
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2012.Interview Details
I applied online to many of their job postings, got a call from HR after a month. They had an hiring event , so after HR screening, they called me directly for in-person interview. Interviews started on time. I had 4 technical , 1 behavioral and 1 HR round, each for around 40-45 mins. All the interviewers were very helpful. At no point I felt uncomfortable. When I got stuck, they provided hints to help me arrive at answer. Overall a good experience in interview, they confirmed selection on same day and I got offer letter within a week.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- You are given a n*n matrix of bits (1s and 0s) where 1 represents land and 0 represents water. Adjacent 1s can be considered as joined together to form sort of island in water. Count the number of islands. Discuss complexity. View Answer
- Consider a rectangular mesh (intersecting horizontal and vertical lines ). These lines represent intersecting roads. You are standing at top left intersection and you need to reach to a resort located at bottom right intersection. On your way, you can see interesting sights which are given points (weightage). You are lazy to walk (i.e. you wont walk left / up. You will only walk to right or down). While reaching resort , you want to cover maximum points (see things that have more weightage). Write a program to calculate maximum number of points that you can cover. He later asked me to improve solution by avoiding paths already visited. View Answer
- Write an iterator for binary search tree. Answer Question
- You are given a long stream of characters. Write a program to find first non repeating character. Discuss complexity. Answer Question
- Design lift (elevator) system. Answer Question
1 person found this helpfulApplication Details
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2011.Interview Details
It was pretty well organised. They gave a good overview of what is expected in the interview so that we can be prepared to take it. They concentrate more on problem solving and the data structures where though they don't expect you to immediately answer the questions they wanted to make a genuine try and valuate the approach.Interview Questions
Negotiation Detailsthey pay quite decent amountAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- find common ancestor in binary tree(Not binary search tree) Answer Question
- Application Details
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day – interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.Interview Details
I applied through a staffing agency for SDET I position, Telephonic interview was conducted. As I was not aware of Amazon process much I couldn't prepare well. I got call from SDET II on scheduled time.
She started asking about my current project, role in my project and difficulties I faced in that project.Then she gave me string problem, I had to write a method which should return count of numbers.
EX: Input "AABC32DE4P%@23Pu" output should be 32+4+23 = 59
I explained an algorithm to solve this, She asked me to it, I coded in Java. I took little extra time to fine tune it.
Then she asked me to write some test cases to test the above function, I gave around 10 test cases.
After this round I got mail saying I got rejected. I felt lack of preparation and awareness about interview process reasons for rejection.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- Not a difficult one but due to lack of practice I took more time to solve it. Answer Question
- Application Details
I applied through other source. The process took a day – interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.Interview Details
Amazon Phonic Interview for SDE-T
1st Phonic Interview
1. Let's start with you introduction
In between introduction he asked me about my some project work experience.Like,How have you done this or that?
2. Take a integer as a input and replace all the '0' with '5'.
102 - 152
1020 - 1525
(Do not use any array for replacing the '0' to '5')
3. You are given two binary tree and write algorithm to check
Are two Binary Trees mirror image of each other?
Amazon Interview @ Hydrabad Development Centre
1. Project Detail & past experience
2. Current Technology i am working in
3. Merging point of linked list [ intersection-of-two-sorted-linked-lists]
4. Maximum Subsequent distinct & contiguous sub array in a character array
This round was purely for checking Test Framework and Test Case Knowledge.
He has given me some scenario and ask to write test cases for them
1. you are given a web page into that simply one browse button and Image Holder is their.Write the Test Cases for this.
2. You are given application like Google Analytics. How will you test this application ?
3. what are the basic features you will add into your own test framework.
This round was purely a discussion based on past project experience.Like which project do you think that was most difficult and you had a nice experience.
He asked me each progress point of the project.
1. how will you check that each page of amazon is having its logo or not.he also asked me to write code for this also.
2. Some Test Framework Based question like
3. Have you worked on any automation framework or not?
4. what happen between, when you enter a url into a browser address bar and hit enter to actually page gets loaded ?
In between he asked me few things about DNS Server,Router etc and some discussion was there.
3. Make a stack using 2 given queue.
4. Some Project Experience & Automation Framework Discussion,which i have worked on.
5. There was some situational questions also for Team work.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- 1. level-order-tree-traversal/
2. reverse-level-order-traversal/ Answer Question
- 1. level-order-tree-traversal/
- Interview Details
Contacted by recruiter, 2 rounds of phone interview firstInterview Questions
- How do you test the functionality of weather.com which takes a coordinates anywhere on earth and gives you accurate current weather information. After I given my plan which is to use automation tool collecting weather information from public weather station and compare results. I was asked what if there's no web service, no phone service, not even radio and you can't load weather forecast information from the public weather stations. Nor you can use historical value to test since the results need to be very accurate. View Answers (2)
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review