Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Aspera
- Software Engineer (6)
- Senior Software Engineer (4)
- Sales Engineer (1)
- Director, Product Management (1)
- QA Engineer (1)
- Product Marketing Manager (1)
- Software Engineer, Research and Development (1)
- C/C++ Developer (1)
- Software Engineer - New Grad (1)
- Senior Software Engineer - DevOps/Release (1)
- Senior Software Systems Engineer - Professional Services (1)
- Systems Engineer - Deployment (1)
- Technical Training Director (1)
- Manager/Director - Professional Services (1)
2 people found this helpful
Senior Software Systems Engineer - Professional Services Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Aspera in May 2012.
The first interview was over the phone with Aspera's HR Manager followed by a phone interview by the hiring manager (VP of Professional Services). Before being invited to a face-to-face interview, had to complete five complex scripting exercises.
Brought in for a seven hour interview from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.. First I was interviewed by the HR Manager. Next came the Technical Support Manager who promptly sat me in front of a PC and asked me to perform a secure shell between two computers but wouldn't give me information about the PCs, i.e. IP addresses, how they were connected, etc. Next I interviewed with the Director of Sales Engineering, Director of Software Engineering, the VP of Engineering (founder), the CEO, and lastly, the hiring Manager (VP of Professional Services). The CEO is very technical and asked a lot of questions surrounding how web pages are fetched and what the messages are going back and forth. Executive Management is extremely involved in every hiring process.
Didn't hear back for over a week. I was told I was a great candidate but for my skill set, they felt that I would be a better fit in 9 months from now. They need hard core engineers at this time although that is not what I was applying for.
- How would you peform an SSH connection between these two PCs. I can't give you any information on these PCs, just do it. View Answers (2)