Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Avon Products
- District Sales Manager (30)
- Sales Representative (7)
- Manager (7)
- Independent Sales Representative (7)
- Marketing (6)
- Associate Brand Manager (4)
- District Manager (4)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Finance Manager (2)
- Zone Manager (2)
- DSM (2)
- Sales (2)
- Analytical Chemist (2)
- Intern (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Senior Manager (2)
- Executive Assistant (2)
- Division Manager (2)
- Avon Representative (2)
- Franchise Dealer (2)
- Brand Marketing Manager (2)
- Avon (1)
- Franchise Dealers/Unit Manager (1)
- Toxicologist II (1)
- Representative of Avon (1)
- Research Scientist - Manager (1)
- Manager In NA Strategy (1)
- Executive Director, Organizational & Talent Development (1)
- Assistant en marketing (1)
- Sourcing Manager - Indirect (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Arlington, VA).
Long and Did not receive an offer at first, but was selected when next opportunity came available. I saw a high turnover for the DSM position. Interview started with a call to schedule a telephonic interview with recruiter. After that a package for testing was mailed to you to complete. After sufficient results were received by recruiter divisional manager was notified. Divisional assistant coordinated schedules for an in person interview. if selected then a formal offer was made.
- Behavioral questions. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avon Products (Pasadena, CA).
My interview was many years ago. Had a face to face with the divisional then the area manager simply talking about my past experience and duties why my job change and some personal life questions like if i had kids a spouse to see if i could handle the high demands of this job and since there was travelling involved
- Describe yourself in one word Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Tacoma, WA).
Interview process took about a month. First there was a phone interview from the recruiter then a test on personality and skill. then a 1 on 1 interview with the Divisional Sales Manager. Third interview was with the Regional Sales Manager. Avon requires background and drug check.
- Describe situations that happened in previous positions where you had to use your coaching skill Answer Question
It was done over the phone with the recruiter
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Midwest City, OK).
It's been many years but I went through a Sales Leadership Orientation to initially apply for the job. Then met with the Division manager a couple of times and was hired. Now it's a much longer process from what I understand. 3-4 months.
- Questions were all designed to see if you would be able to lead and influence people. 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2015.
You would think that a national company would behave in a more professional manner. I had 2 phone interviews, one with their corporate recruiter and the second with the woman who is the Regional Sales Manager. She scheduled us to meet for a face to face interview the following week. On the day of the scheduled interview I phoned her in the morning to confirm our meeting, that she requested take place in a local coffee shop. I did not hear from her, but was at the coffee shop waiting for her. She sent me a TEXT message, 10 minutes AFTER our meeting time to tell me that things had changed and she would not be meeting me, and that HR would call me. I left 2 messages for the HR person. Neither she, nor the Regional ever bothered to return my calls. Don't waste your time. I should have paid better attention to some of the reviews on this site.
- Very generic questions were asked about sales/managerial situations. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products (Miami, FL) in February 2015.
Lengthy Interview process, applied online and was contacted by a talent recruiter who gave me a phone interview. Then I was contacted by the Divisional Manager for a phone interview and to schedule a ride along with an existing Manager. The ride a long consisted of office time and trying to recruit in a shopping center. Had a meeting with the Divisional Manager and was contacted by Human Resource for a phone interview/scenario test.
- Scenario test with the Human Resource Department Answer Question
Helpful (5)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products.
Filled out online application was contacted by hiring agent who conducted phone interview. Was referred to HR for scenario type interview. Was contacted by Division Manager for phone interview and set up ride along with another District Manager (highly recommend) Spoke with Division Manager after ride along.
- None of the questions were difficult if you have direct selling leadership experience. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
The region I would be responsible for was an hour away and I feel the position is better suited for someone who lives in the area or does not have a family. The job offers a lot of flexibility if you live in the area.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avon Products in July 2013.
It went very smoothly, questions were not hard to answer and it was a very pleasant experience. I had to do 2 HR interviews, then one with the divisional manager and one with the regional manager.
- give some examples of something that challenged you and how you overcame that obsticale Answer Question
there was no negociation. The base is as is, but you can get bonuses.
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avon Products in August 2012.
Minimum of eight interviews over the course of several months. Most of the interviews are via phone. One was an all day ride along with a District Sales Manager in another area.
- I did not find any of the questions difficult or inappropriate. Answer Question
No negotiation was possible. HR emailed the package details and I was given a week to review the package and sign the paperwork.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Avon Products (McAllen, TX) in February 2012.
Someone will call you and interview over the phone then they will schedule another over the phone with the Division manager and if they like what you bring to the table you'll have another phone with upper management . It takes awhile they do a very detailed background check. Just close the sale when your talking to them.
- Be prepared to answer what was the most difficult situation you have had and how did you handle, 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review