Bank of America
Bank of America Technology Developer and Analyst Program Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Teller (283)
- Personal Banker (139)
- Technology Analyst (42)
- Banking Center Manager (42)
- Intern (39)
- Customer Service Representative (35)
- Vice President (29)
- Analyst (29)
- Summer Analyst (29)
- Teller Operations Specialist (28)
- Sales & Service Specialist (22)
- Financial Analyst (21)
- Investment Banking Analyst (19)
- Sales and Service Specialist (19)
- Business Analyst (17)
- Software Engineer (16)
- Operations Analyst (15)
- Bank Teller (15)
- Software Developer (15)
- Team Member (15)
- Project Manager (13)
- Assistant Vice President (13)
- Banking Center Assistant Manager (13)
- Associate (12)
- Fraud Analyst (12)
- Financial Advisor (12)
- Financial Advisor Trainee (11)
- Quantitative Analyst (11)
- Collector (11)
- Senior Software Engineer (11)
Technology Developer and Analyst Program Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2012.
Interview Details – I applied to BOA through their website and was selected for the 1st round of interviews.
First Round: It was a phone interview with some hiring manager. He asked me only behavioral questions like "Tell me a situation where etc etc etc".
They gave out the result for the 1st round in a week and invited me to the onsite interview in NYC.
Second Round: They made hotel accomodations for 1 day in NYC. All expenses were re-imbused. On the previous day of the interview, they arranged a reception where in we can speak to the interviewers, interact with them. We can also interact with other interviewees. At the end of the reception, they distributed a folder to everyone. The folder contained information on the schedule for the interview day. Some candidates were assigned a morning slot for the interview while some were assigned an afternoon slot. The folder contained a sheet which mentioned my interview timings and interviewer names. Some people had 2 interviews while some had 3. I had 2 interviews. The number of interviews a person should undergo is totally determined by BoA and we dont know on what basis they decide it.
On the day of the interview, they provided lunch. During the lunch the had an executive speaker speak about BoA and some other stuff. Here are my details about the 2 interviews
- Tell me about your projects. Asked some details about the projects
- What is the difference between relational db's and OO db's
- What is normalization
- What is the difference between new and malloc
- What is the difference between new in C++ and new in Java
- How do u deallocate the memory allocated by new in C++ and in Java
- When do we use new and when do we use malloc
- Will you be staying in US forever?
- Why BoA?
- What contribution do u think u can make to BoA?
- Difference between equity and debt
- Difference between app server and web server
- Details about project
- If there is a web based trading application and it is firing a query from database which fetches TB's of data and executing the query takes a very very very very long time. How will you troubleshoot this problem?
- Disadvantages of using indexes
Interview Question – If there is a web based trading application and it is firing a query from database which fetches TB's of data and executing the query takes a very very very very long time. How will you troubleshoot this problem? Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America