Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Barnes & Noble
- Bookseller (126)
- Cafe Server (42)
- Part Time Book Seller (36)
- Sales Associate (15)
- Barista (13)
- Cashier (12)
- Community Relations Manager (9)
- Merchandise Manager (8)
- Cafe Barista (8)
- Book Seller (8)
- Store Manager (7)
- Assistant Store Manager (5)
- Digital Sales Lead (5)
- Cafe Manager (4)
- Children's Lead Bookseller (4)
- Barista; Bookseller (4)
- Merchandising Manager (3)
- Customer Service Representative (3)
- Assistant Manager (3)
- Head Cashier (3)
- Lead Bookseller (2)
- SALES CLERK (2)
- Sales (2)
- Department Manager (2)
- Music Department Manager (2)
- Clerk (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Marketing Coordinator (2)
- Receiver (2)
- Cashier Supervisor (1)
Sales Associate Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Pikesville, MD) in June 2012.
Gave my application to the manager and he told me to come back the following Monday for a group interview. Nothing very hard and very basic questions, they just weren't hiring at the time.
- What's the biggest thing you've ever had to sell? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble
Sales Associate InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Barnes & Noble (East Brunswick, NJ) in June 2008.
I contacted barnes, filled out an application, recieved call for interview and interviewed. The process was fairly straightforward, albeit lengthy considering the position. I don't now what else to say really. The interviewee was a manager... She was younger than me... I was in a suit, she was in a t-shirt.
- The questions were all pretty straightforward. What sort of books one liked etc. Answer Question
Sales Associate InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Irving, TX) in January 2007.
Interview once for 15 minutes...Just asked general questions about myself.
- What can you bring to the table? Answer Question