Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at BellSouth
- Sales Associate (2)
- Services Technicina (1)
- Service Technician (1)
- Retail Store Manager (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- Small Business Sales (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 6+ months – interviewed at BellSouth (Oakland Park, FL).
Hiring took ages. They completed an intense background check, an hour long phone interview with corporate in Atlanta, a behavioral analysis test, and a one-on-one interview that was eventually joined by a second manager.
- It was an easy interview. It was a sales and service job in an inbound call center. If you can make people love you, sell your personality, you can make it through this interview with no problems. If you're not happy dealing with people or just can't hack it in a personal interview, this is not the place for you. Answer Question
It's a union company. If you're union, it goes entirely by contract. The rest is commissions and bonuses that varied in goals and amounts.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at BellSouth (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.
A typical hour interview with behavioral questions. The behavioral questions were asked in a format to get the potential employee to answer with a specific situation, task performed, action taken and results of those specific situations (the STAR system). The interviewer typically asked two questions from a list of categories and attempted to get a STAR (situation, task, action and result) from each category. If the interviewer couldn't get a STAR from a certain category, he or she would move on to the next category.
- Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer that you couldn't help based on company policies. What did you do and say to the customer to explain the situation? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2 days – interviewed at BellSouth (Carthage, TN) in January 2008.
Asked what kind of electrical back ground do you have, ever worked on telephone before, are you afraid of hieghts, what kind of test equipment have you used, can you work outside in the rain, snow, sun ,ect,
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 3 days – interviewed at BellSouth in November 2008.
You first must pass an online skills evaluation and then they call you in for another personality test and skills test. If you pass the second test you immediately meet with a manager for a 1 on 1 interview.
- They asked me to give them an experience where I had to deal with an angry customer. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review