Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy
- Sales Associate (379)
- Cashier (134)
- Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) (82)
- Mobile Sales Consultant (70)
- Sales Consultant (52)
- Computer Specialist (43)
- Customer Service Representative (41)
- Best Buy Sales Associate (40)
- Customer Service Specialist (37)
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate (25)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (24)
- Assistant Manager (24)
- Sales Supervisor (21)
- Customer Service Associate (19)
- Sales (19)
- General Manager (18)
- Asset Protection Associate (18)
- Computer Sales Specialist (17)
- Retail Sales Consultant (16)
- Home Theater Sales Associate (15)
- Computer Sales Associate (15)
- Inventory Associate (14)
- Sales Support Associate (14)
- Sales Manager (14)
- Merchandising Specialist (14)
- Sales Representative (13)
- Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) (12)
- Inventory Specialist (12)
- Assistant Store Manager (12)
- Wireless Sales Consultant (12)
Counter Intelligence Agent Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a day – interviewed at Best Buy (Gilbert, AZ) in May 2008.
Applied online, received call back same day and went to Poly to conduct a 1:1 interview. Met with first manager and passed his elaborate interview. This process somehow met with another manager and passed his test. Had to wait around for 30 minutes to meet with store GM, was offered one position and then elaborated on my computer skills and he offered me the CIA position.
- Sell me your pen 1 Answer
Decent, I was told the minimum range and asked what I thought I deserved.
Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy
Counter-Intelligence Agent InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in January 2008.
When I interviewed, I was in my last year of college and needed to bridge the gap between school and career. I figured Best Buy would work and if things panned out, moving into the corporate culture could be a viable option. The interview consisted of talking with 3 different store managers, answering a short, computerized test, then speaking with the DCI (Geek Squad manager). We got along great and they were impressed with my technical skills. However, they pointed out that sales ability was key and technical ability would only take me so far.
- If you saw an employee stealing, what would you do? 1 Answer
I was told what the salary would be and what I could expect in terms of benefits. This is an hourly wage position and paid at a standard rate. No negotiation.