Best Buy Counter-Intelligence Agent Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Sales Associate (346)
- Cashier (119)
- Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) (77)
- Mobile Sales Consultant (43)
- Computer Specialist (43)
- Sales Consultant (41)
- Customer Service Representative (32)
- Best Buy Sales Associate (26)
- Customer Service Specialist (20)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (20)
- Sales Supervisor (20)
- Assistant Manager (19)
- Customer Service Associate (17)
- Sales (16)
- General Manager (15)
- Sales Support Associate (14)
- Retail Sales Consultant (13)
- Wireless Sales Consultant (12)
- Sales Manager (12)
- Sales Representative (12)
- Best Buy Mobile (11)
- Merchandising Specialist (11)
- Home Theater Sales Associate (10)
- Computer Sales Specialist (10)
- Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) (10)
- Customer Specialist (9)
- Assistant Store Manager (9)
- Best Buy Mobile Manager (9)
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate (9)
- Computer Sales Associate (8)
Counter Intelligence Agent Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in May 2008.
Interview Details – Applied online, received call back same day and went to Poly to conduct a 1:1 interview. Met with first manager and passed his elaborate interview. This process somehow met with another manager and passed his test. Had to wait around for 30 minutes to meet with store GM, was offered one position and then elaborated on my computer skills and he offered me the CIA position.
Interview Question – Sell me your pen View Answer
Negotiation Details – Decent, I was told the minimum range and asked what I thought I deserved.
Counter-Intelligence Agent Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2008.
Interview Details – When I interviewed, I was in my last year of college and needed to bridge the gap between school and career. I figured Best Buy would work and if things panned out, moving into the corporate culture could be a viable option. The interview consisted of talking with 3 different store managers, answering a short, computerized test, then speaking with the DCI (Geek Squad manager). We got along great and they were impressed with my technical skills. However, they pointed out that sales ability was key and technical ability would only take me so far.
Interview Question – If you saw an employee stealing, what would you do? View Answer
Negotiation Details – I was told what the salary would be and what I could expect in terms of benefits. This is an hourly wage position and paid at a standard rate. No negotiation.
Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy