Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackBerry
- Software Developer (56)
- Software Engineer (18)
- Project Manager (12)
- Project Coordinator (12)
- Software Developer Co-Op (11)
- Software Tester (6)
- Embedded Systems Software Developer (6)
- Software Test Associate (5)
- Business Analyst (4)
- Software Test Specialist (4)
- Embedded Software Developer (4)
- Software Tools Developer (4)
- Analyst (4)
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Operations (3)
- Human Resources (3)
- Director (3)
- Engineering (3)
- Manager (3)
- Co-Op-Software Developer (2)
- Statistical Methods Analyst (2)
- Software Developer Inter (2)
- Quality Engineer (2)
- Security Analyst (2)
- Product Manager (2)
- Software Quality Assurance Specialist (2)
- Team Lead (2)
- Technical Support (2)
- Test Engineer (2)
- Software Developer Intern (2)
Software Tools Developer Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.
Applied through university coop program. Received interview request for a different position than what I initially applied for based on a resume pre-screen by a hiring manager.
Interview was very informal. The interviewer was very friendly and asked basic questions about my resume and experience. The interview seemed to be more of a personality test.
- Go through your resume and describe it in detail. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry
Software Tools Developer InterviewApplication Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.Interview Details
It was a fun lengthy interview process. The phone interview consisted of 2 interviews. The first phone interview was about Skills Test and Personality Test with the HR. The second interview was about my skill set. So they asked me what I have done in the past and how I did it.
The people are super nice, we had a nice conversation about technology and skills. It was a normal interview so it wasn't that bad.
The Group Panel Interview was interesting, they made me come onsite, and there was 3 geniuses in a board room for a good 4 hours! They didn't ask me to solve any algorithms or any teaser questions, they wanted to see how I work on a normal day to day activity.
So they gave me a paragraph that describes a problem. They said this is a user story. So for 1 hour, I needed to break down that user story and gather requirements. That user story was about authentications and permission roles. It was really nice scenario, because till this day, whatever I did during that day is what I am doing right now! We were brainstorming ways to make it better, it felt awesome.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsBad, I made a mistake in my offer, but they said they can't go higher. But I really liked the interview so I wanted the job, so I just took it.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- Design a work break down structure for the user story. The user story was as a User I can manage my groups projects and administrate them. View Answer
- From some given tasks, you need to figure out a proper data model design View Answer
- Last step is to design the architecture, how to implement the Authentication Roles for Projects. View Answer