Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.
- Financial Software Developer (253)
- Financial Sales and Analytics (159)
- Software Engineer (123)
- Financial Software Developer Intern (102)
- Software Developer (81)
- Sales and Analytics (62)
- Data Analyst (56)
- Global Data (53)
- Financial Applications Engineer (45)
- Financial Software Engineer (37)
- Senior Software Engineer (31)
- Global Customer Support (30)
- Financial Applications Developer (30)
- Intern (28)
- Global Data Analyst (25)
- Sales and Analytics Intern (21)
- Analyst (18)
- Senior Software Developer (17)
- Global Customer Support Representative (13)
- Sales Representative (12)
- Financial Sales Analyst (11)
- Financial Analyst (11)
- Analytics Representative (11)
- Software Engineer Intern (9)
- Reporter (9)
- Financial Analytics Analyst (9)
- Financial Product Sales and Analytics (8)
- Financial Product Sales & Analytics (8)
- Quantitative Developer (8)
- Global Technical Support (8)
Senior Developer/Engineer/Architect Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..
A recruiter contacted me based off of my profile on LinkedIn. Told me that my skills were of great interest and if I was looking for a new opportunity to be in touch and offered me four different times over the next 48 hours to talk and coordinate an in person interview in NYC.
I emailed and didn't hear back until 2 minutes prior to the second time they had offered that they would be in touch.
They immediately demanded current salary information and said they were going to base any offer off my current salary. They were insistent that I provide this information and that the interview would not continue until I disclosed. They refused to tell me about the position or the work itself. They refused to accept my expected salary range. The conversation was about three minutes long.
I refuse to be bullied by a company that doesn't respect it's applicants and refuses to pay people based on their experience, skills, and what they bring to the table. Disappointed and surprised at their hard ball tactics.