Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at CAT Financial
- IT Leadership (1)
- Intern (1)
- Mid-Level Professional (1)
- Accounting Manager (1)
- Summer Intern (1)
- IT Analyst (1)
- Risk Management (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Financial Analyst/Representative (1)
- Insurance Intern (1)
- Finance Foundation (1)
- Declined Offer
Relied heavily on STAR interview method. Very friendly people, but at some points seemed over the top. The position did not seem to offer much mobility or many opportunities to move up within the company. The structure seemed rigid and it appeared that everyone hired as an analyst spends at least a couple years in collections.
- A lot of college graduates feel that their skills aren't adequately used in their first couple years in collections. How do you feel about this? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAT Financial in January 2013.
Recruiting starts at on-campus career fairs where resumes are collected and candidates are advised to apply online. This weeds out the lazy candidates who do not put the effort in to even make a second step. We look for driven individuals, team leaders who can be part of a team as well. We place more emphasis on "fit" than raw talent. The company generally passes on ibankers types and full throttle individuals since the most important lessons the first 5 years of the foundation program is to learn how to navigate the corporate ropes, learn faces, and build patience. Chosen candidates then get an on-campus interview. And final selections are brought to headquarters in Nashville for an event called "super saturday". Candidates have a reception Friday night to get to know the executives, interviewers, and current foundation employees. Interview is a full day Saturday, with each candidate interviewed by three managers in a one-hour block.
- All interview questions are behavioral interview questions. Answer Question
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I interviewed at CAT Financial (Athens, GA) in September 2012.
Just lame. Caterpillar is an ok company that is ok managed
- What is it that that we do? Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAT Financial.
On campus one hour interview. You interview with two different people so 30 minutes each. All behavioral. Focus on STAR. They are a big believer in past performance predicts future performance. It took about 3 weeks after the interview process to find out I had an internship offer.
- Most questions focus on negative aspects so tell me a time where you had a difficult team member, a time where you failed at something, ect. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review