Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at CBRE
- Client Services Coordinator (10)
- Associate (9)
- Intern (9)
- Project Coordinator (9)
- Wheel Program (8)
- Analyst (8)
- Real Estate Services Coordinator (6)
- Financial Analyst (6)
- Accountant (5)
- Accounting Coordinator (4)
- Assistant Real Estate Manager (4)
- Project Manager (4)
- Building Engineer (4)
- Associate Accountant (4)
- Associate Director (3)
- Administrative Assistant (3)
- Marketing Specialist (3)
- Executive Assistant (3)
- Recruiter (3)
- Senior Accountant (3)
- Assistant Manager (3)
- Facilities Manager (3)
- Receptionist (3)
- Researcher (3)
- Sales Associate (3)
- Marketing Coordinator (3)
- Real Estate Services Administrator (3)
- Research Analyst (2)
- Customer Service Representative (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBRE (Los Angeles, CA).
One initial video interview followed by a second round phone interview. The video interview was surprisingly awkward. You sit down down in front of a computer and an interview question pops up. You have 10 seconds to read the question then it starts recording. You have 2 minutes to respond then it cuts you off. There are about 15 questions and some are tricky - should definitely be ready to think on your feet and be able to elaborate well on past work experience.
- Describe a situation in the work place in which you faced a moral or ethical issue and how you dealt with it/responded to management Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CBRE (Washington, DC).
Spoke with two managers in the Washington, DC office. The experience was very pleasant. Interview was conversational and it was easy and natural to speak with the managers. They asked typical interview questions and focused on past experience as it relates to the position.
- Where do you want to be in five years? Answer Question
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE in July 2015.
- Applied online, recruiter reached out within two weeks. Quick 20-minute phone interview to gauge my background and interest level. Was then connected to a hiring manager. - Had 1-hour phone interview with hiring manager. Mix of technical skills to prove your sourcing and analytical experience. The other questions were more behavioral type. Really focuses on culture fit, collaboration, being proactive and driven. - About a month later was flown out to the office to speak with the local team, in addition to out of state managers who were also on your team. Process was quick, only lasted an hour. Asked only behavioral questions. - Was offered the position the same day. It was a bit disorganized on some interview traveling/logistics, but otherwise a very fast, positive experience. After some quick negotiations, I accepted the offer that night.
- Where do you see yourself in the future? Tell me about a time you took a risk. What was the outcome? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, what was the outcome? Tell me about a recent project you worked on. What do you look for in a manager? What are your strengths/weaknesses? What skills do you have that will make you successful in this position? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
Phone interview first, this was pretty casual, covered what was on my resume. Interviewed with a couple people, very scripted not much discussion. Very behavior based questions, give me an example of a time when... You never heard from the people you interviewed with again, since they weren't in HR they were accounting managers.
- Give me an example of a time when you didn't get a long with a coworker. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CBRE (Brea, CA) in June 2015.
The interview went really well. I interviewed with 2 managers and it wasn't very long with either one of them and the questions were very conversational, not your classic interview style. I asked a lot of questions and volunteered some important details about my skill set that wasn't on my resume.
- I was asked if I had my real estate licence 1 Answer
It was easy because I accepted the offer right away. I am super excited to work for the company.
Helpful (3)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE in May 2015.
I applied online though the website and within a week or 2 they called to set up an interview. I went in to interview and met with 2 managers at the corporate office. The interview was about 25 minutes and they asked basic questions: strengths, how I problem solve, words to describe myself, etc. At the end of the interview, they said they really liked me but with the salary cap on the position they didn't think they could afford me. They were right since the salary capped at $35,000 annually.
- How do you organize and prioritize? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Salary capped at $35,000
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBRE (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2015.
They use the STAR interview method, so make sure your responses are structured correctly.Try to be concise as well. I found the interview to be pretty casual. I was interviewed by two of the managers and they made me feel very comfortable during the interview.
- Give an example of a time where you and a fellow employee had a disagreement. Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (New York, NY).
Interviewed with HR recruiter for CBRE via phone. Then had 1st in person interview with Director of Facilities. Had several phone conversations with same Director of Facilities for a couple weeks after that to ensure I was a good fit for the position. 2nd In person interview came. Met with Alliance Director for the client account, and was extended a formal employment offer within a week. Underwent background and drug screening with CBRE, then another round of background and drug screening when I arrived at the site. 2 months later im loving this position, company and team, and am so grateful for this opportunity.
- Why do you want to work for CBRE? Answer Question
No negotiation necessary, they offered more than my asking salary. Immediately accepted offer.
- Declined OfferNeutral Experience
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Miami, FL).
Spoke with the HR recruiter and never received a follow up call. I was under the impression the HR recruiter would call back. I am assuming it is because I have no Indesign experience?
- How much marketing experience do you have? Answer Question
Helpful (5)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Los Angeles, CA).
Applied and was quickly contacted by internal recruiter. I was then scheduled for an in person interview with hiring manager, before having a Skype interview with corporate VP. Process was smooth, but takes a few weeks to complete. Everyone in the process was friendly and explained the next steps in hiring process clearly.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review