Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at CEB
- Business Development Associate (35)
- Research Analyst (34)
- Account Manager (10)
- Sales Executive (7)
- Senior Research Analyst (6)
- Analyst (6)
- Sales Associate (6)
- Business Development/Account Management Associate (6)
- Business Analyst (4)
- Research Consultant (4)
- Strategic Research Consultant (4)
- Account Management Associate (4)
- Sales Development Associate (4)
- Account Administrator (3)
- Web Associate (3)
- Associate (3)
- Intern (3)
- Account Management Representative (3)
- Account Manager Associate (2)
- Senior Analyst (2)
- Coordinator (2)
- Research Associate (2)
- Director of Sales (2)
- Administrative Associate (2)
- Account Director (2)
- Associate Director (2)
- Sales (2)
- Business Development Specialist (2)
- Manager (1)
- Content Delivery (1)
Business Development/Account Management Associate Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at CEB in November 2014.
The interview process was relatively straight forward. I first had a 30 minute phone screening followed by two assessments (one personality, one analytical) and then was asked to come in for a 2:1 panel interview. The majority of the questions asked for each interview were behavioral (posted on their website via the Interview Toolkit page). Overall, it was a positive experience and the interview was more conversational rather than interrogative. Be sure to come with your prepared experiences in the STAR format.
- Explain a time you had to sell an idea or convince someone to go through with something. (STAR format) Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for CEB
Business Development/Account Management Associate InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at CEB (Arlington, VA).
Phone Interview - More than average walk me through your resume etc.; the interviewer asked a few behavioral questions so be ready. 2 Online Assessments, 1 Reading Test and 1 Personality Test. Interview in person with 2 people; easy and casual. Offer extended a little over a week later. Recruiter was helpful and sent a lot of material to help prepare for the interview.
- All Behavioral Questions. Go to the Interview Toolkit on their website under the Career section - all of the behavioral questions were on the list. Follow CAR method and practice talking over your answers before the interview. The questions are very detailed/ specific but if you prepare you will be fine. Answer Question
Business Development/Account Management Associate InterviewNo OfferNo Offer
Referred by a friend who works there, step 1 was your basic phone interview, step 2 was an online assessment that was similar to an SAT Reading test, and step 3 you get invited in for a final round interview
- Pretty common questions: name a time when you didn't get the result you wanted and worked to get that result Answer Question
Business Development/Account Management Associate InterviewAccepted OfferAccepted Offer
Was contacted by a head hunter out of California. Applied online they have one of the multi online applications. I spoke with the head hunter a few times and the hr agent from the company was late to call me. Ended up rescheduling the appointment.
- Describe a time when you were unsatisfied with your level of output and how did you change it to make it work? 1 Answer
Business Development/Account Management Associate InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at CEB in May 2014.
A recruiter contacted me within a week or so of submitting my resume to schedule a phone interview. The interview was about 30 minutes long. The recruiter conducting the interview was very unenthusiastic and made it seem like I was wasting her time. I'm normally very good with phone interviews by having an upbeat sense of humor and passion for the position, but this woman was not having it. She said she would get back to me within two weeks if I moved on to the second round. It's been over a month and I haven't heard back at all... I was initially very excited for this opportunity. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in the handling of this recruitment process.
- "Run me through your resume and experience," mostly behavioral questions, how did you balance you college courses and extracurriculars? Answer Question
Business Development/Account Management Associate InterviewDeclined OfferAverage InterviewDeclined OfferAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CEB.
Worked with recruiter to find opening. Recruiter was very helpful pre and post interview.
- General behavioral questions. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Heard good things about the company, received positive impression. Declined for personal reasons.
Account Management/Business Development Associate InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week – interviewed at CEB.
The process was very quick. I scheduled a first round phone interview and talked to a recruiter a few days later on the phone for about 30 minutes or so. Unfortunately it didn't feel like I was conversing with the person, it seemed rather forced and rush. They didn't get to know my full background and didn't ask about my interests in the company or why I wanted to work for them or in these particular industries.
- Please tell me about the most successful project you've ever managed. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review