Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at CONSOL Energy
- Intern (2)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Coal Miner (1)
- Manager (1)
- Supervisor (1)
- Completion Engineer (1)
- Royalty Accountant (1)
- Supply Chain Position (1)
- Title Administrator I (1)
- Section Foremen (1)
- Operations Analyst (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at CONSOL Energy.
I applied online for the position. Salary requirement was one of the questions, which I answered. I was called in for an interview about a week later. Interview was awkward, not relaxed. I was told mostly negative things about the company. Only after the interview did I find out that the salary was only half of what my requirement was. This is very disrespectful. Why would you waste everyones time if the salary isn't even a close match? I obviously told them I'm not interested.
- Tell me a project that you either had to sacrifice cost, time or quality, and how you handled it. Answer Question
- Tell me about a project that you had to work on by yourself.(something to that effect) Answer Question
- Tell me how you had to convince others in your company to go along with a project that they didn't agree with (can't remember exact wording) Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a day – interviewed at CONSOL Energy.
Interviewed at a university. No engineers were present. The interviewer couldn't answer any question I had. It only lasted ten minutes and was a waste of time. They only look at GPA, nothing more. I have six years of military service with leadership positions in the engineering sector and they didn't want to hear about it. But they did want to know about my cardboard bridge building competition my first semester as a freshman!
- All generic interview questions. Nothing technical. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CONSOL Energy.
I met with a woman from HR, the Director of Land and another title person for the interview at the Canonsburg headquarters. The position was based out of Jane Lew, WV. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Standard questions were asked, like "What are your strengths, weaknesses..etc."
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at CONSOL Energy in November 2011.
Applied to Consol online. Heard back from them immediately and was set up for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of mostly administrative questions that could have been easily found on my resume. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an office interview. The atmosphere at the office was very relaxed. The interview was with two managers in the accounting department. They did most of the talking about the position and the history of the company. I was asked to describe the highlights of my previous work experience and what relevant skills I had. After the managers left I had a closing interview with HR that essentially asked the same questions as were asked in the phone interview.
- What do you know about the history of Consol? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review