Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cambridge Associates, LLC
- Consulting Associate (35)
- Junior Associate (35)
- Investment Associate (16)
- Investment Performance Analyst (13)
- Research Associate (12)
- Investment Performance Junior Analyst (11)
- Junior Research Associate (9)
- Investment Performance Associate (8)
- Associate (7)
- Junior Investment Operations Associate (5)
- Summer Associate (3)
- Investment Operations Associate (3)
- Research Analyst (2)
- Investment Consultant (2)
- Staff Accountant (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Senior Research Associate (2)
- Research Analyst - Manager Information Group (2)
- MIG (2)
- Junior Operations Associate (2)
- Senior Investment Director (1)
- Junior Operation Associate Interview - Phone Screening (1)
- Junior Associate MIG (1)
- Private Equity Consultant (1)
- Manager Information Group Associate (1)
- Research Investment Associate (1)
- Investent Associate (1)
- Portfolio Report Analyst (1)
- Portfolio Reporting (1)
- Performance Reporting Junior Analyst (1)
Junior Associate Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in January 2014.
The interview process was done in about two weeks, which was great. Everyone I met was professional, friendly, and enthusiastic. I had several interviews, which were not easy, but I found the questions to be reasonable and relevant. Definitely sold me on the company and the position. I have learned so much in my first few weeks in the role, I am happy I decided on Cambridge.
- What would you do differently if you went back to school? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC
Junior Associate InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took a week – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in October 2011.
The hiring process consisted of a phone interview, open house, and second round interview.
Phone interview: The phone interview will be less than 30 minutes and likely conducted by HR. Expect to go over your resume, talk about your greatest accomplishment and biggest weakness. There won't be much time for your questions.
Open House: The open house consists of a presentation about the department and three 20 minute interviews with the group's managers. Be prepared for some hard questions including: Define professionalism, Name three weaknesses using one work for each weakness, What are three things you learned in the presentation earlier, Sell yourself to me, What do you think you'll be doing at this job, Name one positive trait you don't have, etc.
Second Round: The second round will consist of a one on one interview with the Director of the group as well as the manager of the team they think you'll fit best on. You'll also participate at least one round table discussion with people who could be your team members and colleagues. Remember to ask questions. If you're interested in the position, act like it. You'll also do a writing sample, which isn't super challenging.
- The Junior Associate position is likely in the firm's data group. The data group is extremely high performing and well regarded within the firm. If you don't want to work in a data group, don't apply. But there is opportunity for advancement after you have been at the company for a while, so it's worth it.
- The position is not client facing, but you do get to interact with individuals that work for investment managers.
- Professionalism is key! Dress and act the part. Although most people in the department are young, they are professional at work.
There are no negotiations.
Junior Associate InterviewAccepted Offer
I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.
Had a phone interview with HR. Nothing difficult, 30 minutes or so.
Had interviews at the office after the first round. Most questions were behavioral questions and were quite similar. Found myself repeating my answers with different interviewers but I'm guessing they were trying to ensure consistency in the answers they were getting. Had a presentation about the company for a clearer understanding of the role and how the department fits into the company. Also had a writing sample- again, nothing difficult.
- Is there anything I should be concerned about if we hire you? Answer Question
Junior Associate InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2012.
First round - Phone interview
second round - open house and mini interviews
Final round - mini interviews, writing sample
- Name 3 weaknesses Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.