Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Capital One
- Business Analyst (299)
- Data Analyst (91)
- Statistician (65)
- Operations Analyst (61)
- Senior Business Analyst (49)
- Senior Data Analyst (43)
- Analyst (43)
- Financial Analyst (31)
- Business Analyst Intern (30)
- Teller (29)
- Bank Teller (28)
- Project Manager (25)
- Customer Service Representative (25)
- Director (24)
- Intern (24)
- Data Scientist (21)
- Relationship Banker (20)
- Senior Manager (16)
- Senior Operations Analyst (16)
- Associate (15)
- Business Manager (13)
- Finance Rotation Associate (13)
- Fraud Intake Coordinator (13)
- IT Development Program (11)
- Software Engineer (10)
- Senior Business Manager (10)
- Manager (10)
- Customer Service Coordinator (9)
- Teller I (9)
- Statistician Intern (9)
Senior Operations Analyst Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.
Had two rounds. Round 1 was a case and a behavorial. Round 2 was a case, a behavorial and a job fit interview. The case was not too tough- credit card analysis, simple break even points, some arithmetic involved. Check for quick analytical skills. Interviewers were friendly and smart.
- What do you least like about the new job? (this was a tough one) Answer Question
Recruiter negotiated on my behalf.
Other Interview Reviews for Capital One
Senior Operations Analyst InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in May 2011.
First round was the telephone screen by HR. It was just about the resume. Second round was five interviews at their Richmond office. They fly you and put you in a nice hotel. The process was really comfortable. Second round consists of three case and two behavioral interviews. Cases were not traditional cases. They were analytical and based on cards business entirely. The final round case was really hard.
- Case based on Credit Cards. Mostly driven by probabilities and expected value. 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
Opportunity for career growth seemed low
Senior Operations Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in August 2010.
1. Took online math test (Easy, like ACT Math) 2. Went in for office interview -2 Case Interviews (Not to hard, but others seem to think they are) -1 Behavioural Interview (Like interviews at every other company) 3. Got offer within the next few days.
I was able to negotiate. They increased my salary by 5K, to the max salary for my position.
Senior Operations Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2010.
2 case interviews & 2 behavioral interviews. Before these there was a screening math test
- Case Interview was challenging Answer Question
Not much room to negotiate.