Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at CareerBuilder
- Inside Sales Representative (7)
- Inside Sales (7)
- Client Advocate (5)
- Senior Account Executive (5)
- Software Engineer (5)
- Software Engineer I (5)
- Account Manager (4)
- Online Sales Consultant (4)
- National Account Executive (4)
- Sales Representative (3)
- Major Account Executive (2)
- Account Executive (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Software Engineer II (2)
- Software Engineer III (2)
- Software Engineer Intern (2)
- Intern (2)
- Media Account Manager (2)
- Internal Marketing Team (1)
- Relaxed & Informal, Yet Thorough Interview Process (1)
- Education Lead Specialist (1)
- Talent Consultant (1)
- Bench Marker-Home Based Position (1)
- Customer Care Service Specialist (1)
- Usability Specialist (1)
- Agile Project Manager (1)
- Corporate Sales (1)
- OUTSIDE SALES (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Sales Manager (1)
Helpful (2)No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days – interviewed at CareerBuilder.
Applied Online. Called by a recruiter. Very pointed, bland questions. "What are your strengths, etc"
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.
My first interview was with 2 manager in the division. The interview was very basic and straight forward. The send interview they want me to present a company to them. They gave me a situation prior to the meeting and they wanted to see how I would approach the opportunity
- When I was finished role playing and presenting the company, the 2 managers pushed back hard to make sure I stood my ground and did not back down. Answer Question
I found that CareerBuilder was very fair and generous with their offerings. I don't think their is much room for negotiation.
Helpful (2)Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at CareerBuilder (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.
So far I have only done the first round with the internal recruiter (over the phone). The second round has been scheduled and will be a second phone interview with one of the sales managers. The first one was over an hour and I thought it was a little excessive in length and detail. I think I will decline moving forward as the salary is rather low ($35k) for a "senior" position.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days – interviewed at CareerBuilder (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2008.
The interview process was pleasant but very inquisitive. The managers knew their stuff for sure.
- Describe your most difficult sale... Answer Question
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in February 2007.
After applying, i was contacted almost immediately by a recruiter. After a brief phone conversation with her, I was scheduled for an interview with the sales manager under whom I would be working. Following his interview, I met with the director of the group. These were both relatively simple interviews and I was offered a job later that day.
- What makes you stand out as a candidate? Answer Question
I wasn't able to negotiate - commission based compensation.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review