Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Carleton University
- Network Technician (1)
- Intern (1)
- Administrative Officer (1)
- Assistant Professor (1)
- Instructional Designer (1)
- Applications Specialist (1)
- Contract Instructor (1)
- SPA Welcome Partner (1)
- Declined OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Carleton University (Campus (Nepal)).
I wasn't given much advance notice for the interview (afternoon before). Formal interview with a combination Situational and Behavioral interview; lasted about an hour with a panel of four interviewers from different levels as well as an HR Rep.
- Tell me about a time you failed to reach a goal Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
Asked about previous jobs, skills I learned and able to do the requirements asked from the job posting. They went through my entire resume and asked about what I did and skills I developed. In addition, how I deal with conflict with customers and staff members and give them an example I faced with.
- Nothing unexpected Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week – interviewed at Carleton University.
Made it seem like a normal conversation. Assured me that everyone has to get a long. Talked about past times and fun experiences.
- No hard technical questions. The work could be done by anybody with computer skills but was mostly hands on and required organization. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Carleton University (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.
I sent an email to apply and then was required to meet the Dean. He asked my previous experience (what I have taught, how did I manage the course, and how to interact with students) and then asked my teaching plan if I'm given the offer. I think the difficulty depends on your experience. If they're interested in your experience, the interview won't be so hard.
- What courses did you teach previously? Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 5 days – interviewed at Carleton University in September 2010.
Applied for the position in July and received email in September stating date and time of interview. The interview lasted about 90 minutes. Lots of behavioural questions were asked. Was interviewed by two managers. The interview was very friendly, and enjoyable. The work seemed interesting.
- Have you ever managed a learning project that failed. What happened. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
It seemed like a fairly junior position and for only a one year term.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Carleton University (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.
It was easy.
- Tell me about yourself 1 Answer
No negotiation, fixed contract
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review