Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cengage Learning
- Sales Representative (11)
- Inside Sales Representative (5)
- Marketing (5)
- Learning Consultant (5)
- Business Analyst (4)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Editorial Assistant (3)
- Marketing Coordinator (2)
- Editor (2)
- Product Assistant (2)
- Sales Manager (2)
- Inside Sales (2)
- Intern (2)
- Manager (2)
- Executive Assistant (2)
- Product Manager (2)
- Senior Development Editor (2)
- Customer Technical Support Agent (2)
- IP Coordinator (1)
- Digital Content Production Project Manager (1)
- Associate Media Developer (1)
- Digital Content Designer (1)
- Analyst, Strategy and Corporate Development (1)
- Inside Sales - Learning Consultant (1)
- Content Digitization Project Manager (1)
- User Experience Design Intern (On A Developer's Team) (1)
- Content Project Manager (1)
- Sales Representative-Higher Education (1)
- Executive Management Consultant (1)
- (Confidential) (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took a week – interviewed at Cengage Learning.
Phone interview with Human Resources
Interview with hiring manager and 3 staff at same level.
- Who is your customer? 1 Answer
Not much, only $1500 more.
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Cengage Learning (Boston, MA) in December 2010.
I interview with 4 people two months after applying online. Interview lasted 4hrs. Was asked to provide sample edit; then asked to complete second phase of online app. Kept in good contact with one woman. Process was drawn out; was misled about position. Ask HR about payscale for your position.
- Unexpected question: Is the commute going to be too far? 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
Got offer almost 8 weeks after interview. Offer was for a lower position and salary. I was offended for being mislead. It would have been professional of the company to let me know that the open position had changed so I wouldn't waste my time on a position that did not interested me. I'm lucky to have a job, so I didn't have to settle for less.
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Cengage Learning (Belmont, CA) in August 2009.
Got this interview through an referral of someone I met. Talked via phone and in-person with about 7-8 people. Most of the interviewers asked general questions and some were not prepared. Most of it seemed like a "does she fit" interview. Was not offered the job, I suspect because of my salary requirements. Salaries in the publishing industry are low.
General sense is that Cengage is trying to change, become more media savvy, but has a lot of baggage.