Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
1 person found this helpful
Brokerage Service Representative - Unlicensed Interview
I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab.
I applied online and received an email regarding an initial five minute phone screening. I was told that I had passed the initial phone screening and was sent on to the next phase. This was a 30-40 minute phone interview with the lead recruiter in Indianapolis. I was emailed two days afters this interview inviting me for an in-person interview with two of the hiring managers.
The in-person interview consisted of all behavioral based interview questions and, at the end, a "role-play" section where two mock call were placed. I believe this was just to get a feel for how you handle yourself on the phone.
The day after the in-person interview I was emailed and told that they wanted to do a background check because the hiring managers had recommended me for employment. This part took the longest. I had to wait almost two weeks to hear back from them regarding the background check and if they wanted to proceed.
Everything checked out and I was offered the position.
Here's my advice: really know what they're looking for... study the job position description and make sure you have examples that prove you line up with that. Be prepared to delve deep into your employment history and give examples of a time when...
- Why should we hire you? Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Charles Schwab
- Broker Trainee (33)
- Registered Representative (13)
- Client Service Specialist (9)
- Customer Service Representative (9)
- Relationship Specialist (7)
- Senior Manager (7)
- Senior Marketing Manager (5)
- Financial Consultant (4)
- Director (4)
- Associate Financial Consultant (4)
- Manager (4)
- Registered Representative I (3)
- Managing Director (3)
- Broker (3)
- Customer Service (3)
- Broker Trainee Program (3)
- Senior Finance Manager (2)
- Participant Services (2)
- Investment Consultant (2)
- Client Service Representative (2)
- Operations Associate (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Product Manager (2)
- Associate Financial Services Professional (2)
- Team Manager (1)
- Broker Services Representative (1)
- In-House Agency (1)
- DISCOUNT BROKERAGE (1)
- Banking Client Service Representative (1)
- Retirement Plan Business Consultant (1)