Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cintas
- Management Trainee (101)
- Sales Representative (36)
- Service Sales Representative (29)
- SSR (24)
- Service Manager (21)
- Facility Services Sales Representative (15)
- Production Supervisor (14)
- Human Resources Manager (12)
- Outside Sales Representative (9)
- First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative (8)
- Customer Service Representative (8)
- Sales Associate (7)
- FS Sales Representative (6)
- Manager Trainee (5)
- Advanced Management Partner (5)
- Loader/Unloader (5)
- Sales Service Representative (4)
- Scholar (4)
- Administrative Assistant (4)
- Maintenance Supervisor (3)
- Sales (3)
- Sales Professional (3)
- Service Supervisor (3)
- Scholar Intern (3)
- Sales Representative - Uniform (3)
- Uniform Sales Representative (2)
- Sales Representative - Facility Services (2)
- Service Representative (2)
- Customer Service (2)
- Sales Scholar (2)
Customer Service Representative Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Cintas in February 2014.
Took about two weeks. You go through a series of interviews with all managers, then you get a call from the General manager if they extend you an offer or not.
- How would you react to a difficult customer situation Answer Question
They tell you your salary is the Max, but Youll find out others make more.
Other Interview Reviews for Cintas
Customer Service Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cintas.
Takes forever so many interviews to get through the process
Customer Service Representative InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral Experience
The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Cintas.
Different levels. Same questions. Obviously told by Corp. what to ask and very robotic in their presentation. Really do not care about you as much as making sure the questions on the piece of paper have answers. Very drawn out (which may be justified).
- Nothing unexpected. Presentation and interaction was strange. 0 personalities. Like they are hiding something. Nice enough but odd. Corp. questions ruled the interview process. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Just didn't seem trustworthy. Cold fish.
Customer Service Representative InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days – interviewed at Cintas (Orlando, FL) in February 2009.
I made phone calls, and contacted the proper people to set up the interview. I also networked through job fairs to meet people. I searched career builder. I researched tips and interview questions to make sure I landed the job. I was so pleased with getting the position. Also make sure to send to thank you notes for the opportunity.
- what is the weakest point. Answer Question