Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Covance
- Study Technician (19)
- Program Specialist (9)
- Project Manager (7)
- Global Site Services- Associate (7)
- CRA (6)
- Research Associate (5)
- Clinical Research Associate I (5)
- Associate Project Manager (5)
- Clinical Research Associate II (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Pricing Analyst (3)
- Research Associate I (2)
- Project Coordinator (2)
- CRA II (2)
- Lab Assistant II (2)
- Staff Scientist (2)
- Clinical Research Assistant (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Senior CRA (2)
- Manager (2)
- Study Coordinator (2)
- Study Technician II (2)
- ITC Program Specialist (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Clinical Trial Coordinator/Clinical Project Administrator (1)
- Principal SAS Programmer (1)
- Entry Level GSS (1)
- CRA1 (1)
- Systems Administrator (1)
- QC Auditor (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Covance (Harrogate, England (UK)) in November 2012.
Two telephone interview followed by a panel interview with presentation.
The first telephone interview was carried out by a HR person and asked 'typical' phone interview questions.
The second telephone interview was between me and two heads of department. Technical questions were asked to understand the depth of my scientific knowledge.
The panel interview required a 20-30 min presentation followed by 10-15 min of questions. This was followed by three mini panel interviews where they focused both on my scientific and managerial knowledge. The questions were asked in the STAR format. The inetrview lasted four hours.
- No question as such but they wanted to know a lot of technical detail. I didn't know the answers to some questions but they didn't mind, and in fact said I would get full training. Answer Question
No real negotiation. They offered me a salary and used the 'Covance compelling offer' i.e. a pension and discount card to make it sound better.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Covance (Harrogate, England (UK)) in January 2009.
First phone interview is short and not specific asking general questions why here your plans and salary expectations. Than intra department one with manager and one of the senior scientists. This one is definitely science based prep yourself in the subject of H&E and at least one of non standard staining techniques like PAS. Knowledge of full Histology process beginning with tissue selection, processing, wax embedding and staining will be your must if you want great first impression.
- What is PAS used for? Answer Question
If you have an experience directly in that field you will get higher salary when asked for.