Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Covance
- Study Technician (21)
- Program Specialist (10)
- CRA (8)
- Research Associate (7)
- Project Manager (7)
- Clinical Research Associate I (7)
- Global Site Services- Associate (7)
- Clinical Research Associate II (5)
- Associate Project Manager (5)
- Analyst (3)
- Analytical Chemist (3)
- Clinical Research Assistant (3)
- Medical Technologist (3)
- Lab Assistant II (3)
- Pricing Analyst (3)
- Study Technician I (3)
- Study Technician II (2)
- ITC Program Specialist (2)
- Program Associate (2)
- Manager (2)
- Study Coordinator (2)
- Field Reimbursement Manager (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Scientist (2)
- Research Associate I (2)
- CRA II (2)
- Project Coordinator (2)
- Chemist (2)
- Staff Scientist (2)
- Associate Microbiologist (2)
Helpful (9)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Covance.
There was an initial phone interview where I was asked "basic CRA" questions. The second round interview was another phone interview where more in depth questions were asked relating to my overall therapeutic experience and ICH/GCP/ FDA regulations. The third round was a Skype interview with two different line manager (1 hour with each person).
- Tell me about a time that you missed a deadline. Answer Question
Helpful (5)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Covance.
First you will have to apply for the jobs online and if you have past CRA experience, you will be scheduled for a weekend phone screening interview. This screening is usually done by some random college student who knows nothing about clinical research and works part-time as a recruiter. Final panel interview is usually on skype with senior managers and recruiters.
- Regular Questions in the phone screening- the person calling has a long checklist of questions. The person interviewing knows nothing about Clinical Research or Trials abd doesn't understand anything you utter which is beyond the answer checklist of key words he/she has been provided with. 1 Answer
Helpful (3)No OfferAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Covance.
I completed a phone interview with HR who asked questions: years of experience, phases, what's on form 1572. I later received an email from HR for phone interview with a Sr. CRA who asked definitions for all the phases in the clinical drug process and discuss a normal monitoring visit
- What are the all the standard of care drugs I worked on in oncology and name all logs for regulatory binder and what would you do if the a patient received the wrong medication. Answer Question
Helpful (5)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Covance (Nashville, TN) in August 2011.
Phone screen, one week later F2F, then interview via conference call. One week later, offer. I'm now going through the background screening. Everything has went through smoothly for me. Other people that interviewed on the same day, haven't heard a word back.
Helpful (4)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Covance.
Initial interview was a short telephone interview. Following the phone interview, I was contacted for a face to face interview in Madison, WI. When I arrived for the interview, I had been given some incorrect times and the interview staff called in sick that day (2 out of 3). Even though I traveled 6 hours one way, most of my interview was performed over the telephone. I was contacted via telephone to communicate the offer. After accepting the offer, I had to do some leg working chasing HR and the hiring manager. This company does EXTENSIVE checks on previous work history, education, etc. I felt like I was going to be working for the FBI or CIA before I finished.
- All standard CRA questions. No surprises. How many visits of each type? What therapeutic area? How much travel are you willing to do? How many days does it take you to complete a trip report? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review