Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Delta Air Lines
- Flight Attendant (434)
- Customer Service Agent (40)
- Ramp Agent (20)
- Customer Service Agent (Ready Reserve) (19)
- Ramp Agent - Ready Reserve (13)
- Baggage Handler (10)
- Reservation Sales Agent (9)
- Reservations Agent (9)
- Customer Service Representative (8)
- Finance Analyst (7)
- FA (6)
- Financial Analyst (6)
- Customer Service Agent (CSA) (6)
- Customer Experience Specialist (6)
- Program Manager (5)
- Customer Service (4)
- Analyst (4)
- MBA Finance Associate (4)
- Delta Flight Attendant (4)
- Business Analyst (3)
- Airport Customer Service (3)
- Inventory Analyst (3)
- Intern (3)
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician (3)
- Performance Leader (3)
- Specialist (3)
- Senior Business Analyst (3)
- Pricing Analyst (3)
- Ticket Agent (3)
- Senior Analyst (3)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Dallas, TX) in February 2013.
I applied online, filled the application and got an email one day later to call a certain number for a phone interview, I called and the lady asked me many questions (STAR) style, and at the end she congratulated me and told me that I will be given a chance for a f2f interview and told me to hold for a minute to fix a date but after 10 seconds she told me that there is no available dates and someone will call me soon to fix this interview nd I'm still waiting:( this was in 20 February and still no phone call received.
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with a resistant customer? Answer Question
Helpful (2)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Charlotte, NC) in April 2011.
Applied online, Called for a personality test, further application online then face to face interview. Everything was very simple, straight forward. F2F was basically an overview of the position, no real questions or anything. Checking more to see if you can communicate and present the airline well. Very organized, typical airline atmosphere
- How do you handle situations of pressure? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Was offered another position before notification, and had to turn down. If I am looking for another summer job, I will definitely be applying as a Summer CSR.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines in March 2010.
Received a call from a screening company who asked a couple of basic questions like "Give a specific example of when you had to upsell to a customer". After about 15 minutes, scheduled an in-person interview a couple days later. One on one interview lasting about 30 min. Reviewed my resume and qualifications. Asked a couple more questions trying to see general questions about experience and if I would be a good match for the work environment.
- Give a specific example of when you had to upsell to a customer who was resistent. Answer Question