Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at DuPont
- Research Associate (10)
- Field Engineer (9)
- Research Scientist (9)
- Associate Investigator (7)
- Research Investigator (6)
- Marketing Manager (5)
- Procurement Specialist (5)
- Intern (4)
- Engineer (4)
- Field Engineering Program (4)
- Finance Intern (3)
- Marketing Specialist (3)
- Laboratory Technician (3)
- Process Engineer (3)
- Mechanical Engineer Co-op (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Engineering Co-Op (2)
- Mechanical Engineer (2)
- Scientist (2)
- Research Engineer (2)
- Human Resources (1)
- Electrical Engineer (1)
- Pipe Fitter (1)
- Internal Audit (1)
- Marketing (1)
- IT Analyst (1)
- Software Development (1)
- Six Sigma Black Belt (1)
- First Line Manager (1)
- Sales Manager (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in October 2013.
You apply online. They only interview candidates that have had technical internships. If you pass the prescreening they call you for a 45 min phone interview where they ask about your work experience and then a couple behavioral questions. If you get invited for a site interview they send you to headquarters where you do 3 interviews with supervisors. All interviews are behavioral based but they discuss your work and technical experience a lot
- Name a time when you worked with different personalities in a group and how did you handle that Answer Question
The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in October 2010.
Submitted my application online. Received a phone call about 2 weeks later and had a 45 minute phone interview. Received an e-mail a week later inviting me to Wilmington, DE for an interview day. Stayed at the Hotel DuPont (very nice hotel) and the day consisted of 3 interviews, an employee benefits overview, and lunch. Very straight forward interviews. Typical behavioral questions. Great experience.
- Tell me a time you had to bend your moral values. Answer Question
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at DuPont in September 2011.
Everyone I worked with during the interview process were friendly and very helpful. 30 minute phone interview followed by an offer to come to wilmington for 3 1 hour interviews. Interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to. I received my offer via phone a week later with the formal offer a week after that
- Tell me about a time where you had to make a split second decision and what was the outcome? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at DuPont in September 2010.
The first interview was a 2:1 interview on campus at our career center. The interview consisted of five behavioral questions. I was their first interview of the day, so it was fairly laid back and relaxed. All questions were answered using the S.T.A.R. format - Situation, Task, Action and Result. That was their preference.
A week later, I had a phone call and a 20 minute phone interview. She asked additional behavioral/situational interview questions. I was told that I would be having an on-site interview at their headquarters in Wilmington, DE.
The company paid for a one night stay at the Hotel DuPont, and all interviews were done there at the hotel in their office area. The day consisted of three 1:1 interviews, a breakfast and lunch interview and a company benefits overview. The day ended at 1:45 PM. I expect to hear back in three weeks.
- Tell me about a time where you volunteered for a project or job, going beyond the call of duty. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at DuPont in August 2010.
basic questions, and star question.
- A time when you have dealt with a difficult problem. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review