Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Farmers Insurance Group
- Insurance Agent (58)
- Liability Claims Representative (27)
- Customer Service Representative (25)
- Claims Adjuster (18)
- Claims Representative (16)
- Farmers Insurance Agent (15)
- Agent (8)
- Field Claims Representative (7)
- Auto Claims Representative (6)
- Office Claims Representative (6)
- Sales (6)
- Property Claims Adjuster (5)
- Sales Representative (5)
- Marketing (4)
- Auto Claims Adjuster (4)
- Product Management Analyst (3)
- Manager (3)
- Med/PIP Claims Representative (3)
- Actuarial (3)
- Recruiter (3)
- Agency Producer (3)
- Insurance Sales Agent (3)
- Service Advocate (3)
- Customer Service Associate (3)
- OCR (3)
- CSA (3)
- Reserve District Manager (2)
- Sales Agent (2)
- Underwriting Supervisor (2)
- Customer Service Associate, Claims (2)
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.
Behavioral based questions. Apply online. First phone screening then in person interview with 3-4 managers at local office. Desk ride with claim rep after in person interview and then offer the same day. Process took about 1 week.
- Behavioral based Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Brookfield, WI).
First there was a phone interview that asked mainly biographical questions. Then I was invited to a one on one behavioral interview at the office. I was mainly asked to describe a time when such and such happened, and how I handled it. Questions like that.
- Why do you want to work for Farmer's Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2015.
I applied online and was callrd within a week. I had a phone interview, an online assessment, and w in-person interviews (on thr samw day). They also had me shadow someone at their desk for about an hour. An hour after I got home, they offered me the position.
- Behavioural questions. "Give me an example of a time you had to tell a customer 'no'" Answer Question
There was no negotiation. I was told the salary during the phone interview.
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Prairie, TX) in July 2015.
1) Applied online 2) Received a call about scheduling a phone interview 3) Received an email about scheduling a face to face interview 4) interview with 3 managers 5) Sat in with a Claims rep 6) Interview with 2 hiring managers 7) Received an offer the next day Everyone was very welcoming. I definitely felt very comfortable. I have nothing but great things to say about Farmers Insurance at this location.
- Tell me about a time... Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I was between two great companies and chose what was best for me. It was a close pick.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Honolulu, HI) in July 2015.
After applying, I was contacted by phone and given more detail about the position. Then, a time for a formal phone interview was set-up, and prior to the interview, I was emailed two online assessments to complete- a personality based Omni assessment and a timed learning assessment consisting of three parts that tested ability to follow complex directions, proper grammar, spelling and usage, and math.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment so far? 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Prairie, TX) in July 2015.
Applied online, about a week later I received an call, which I missed, and then an email requesting a phone interview after which I got another email saying I was moving forward and asking me to review the online video for the position. I was also supposed to describe "something significant you‘ve accomplished in the area of exceeding customer service expectations" and email it back. I got an interview date and a request to do a personality test. I interviewed with 2 managers and a supervisor. Normal STAR based questions after which they left me in the room for a brief minute while they conferred and then came back and told me they would get back to me by the next week.
- Name a time you disagreed with your manager. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX) in April 2015.
I applied online. Contacted by HR, who first sent two assessment tests. Once completed, set up a phone conversation where I received more detail about the position, then proceeded with a phone interview/screen. A week later I received a call from supervisors and set up in person interview. Had a lengthy bbi interview with them. Called back for field experience and met with management. Received offer. Very professional, understanding, and knowledgeable staff.
- several bbi questions Answer Question
Do your research before you negotiate. Throwing something outlandish out there can sometimes hurt you. Provide valuable facts about your worth. See what they can do.
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.
applied online, then I took a 2 hour test, just had a panel interview. The questions were behavioral based. The recruiters were very thorough , I am waiting for a call back. I think there is one more round of interviews.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in March 2015.
I applied online and then took a two hour assessment online. I was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone interview. The interview was all behavior based questions. Be specific and give examples! I was then asked to come in for a face to face. There was a meet and greet with the other candidates and management. After introducing yourself there is shadowing of a current employee for about 20 minutes. After shadowing an employee there was the actual interview that consisted of me and two managers. The continued with the behavior based interview questions.
- Behavior Based Interview questions. Prepare and be specific 1 Answer
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNeutral Experience
Great...so far..hopefully.. I'll get a second interview! The person was very friendly & helpful through out the process. Talk slow & make you take your time while listening to the question.
- How did u resolve conflict with a manager ? Give examples, that show your examples ? 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review