GE Lead Mobile Software Engineer @ SAN Ramon, CA Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Intern (43)
- Software Engineer (29)
- Engineer (23)
- Engineering (18)
- FMP (14)
- ITLP (13)
- Project Manager (12)
- Electrical Engineer (12)
- Engineering Intern (10)
- Financial Analyst (9)
- Financial Management Program (9)
- ITLP Intern (8)
- FMP Intern (8)
- Business Analyst (8)
- Design Engineer (7)
- Mechanical Engineer (7)
- Finance Intern (7)
- IT Project Manager (7)
- IMLP (7)
- Marketing Manager (7)
- Lead Engineer (7)
- Lead Software Engineer (7)
- Finance Manager (6)
- Manufacturing Engineer (6)
- Program Manager (6)
- Customer Service Representative (5)
- EEDP (5)
- Systems Engineer (5)
- Edison Engineer (5)
- Edison Engineering Development Program (5)
Lead Mobile Software Engineer @ SAN Ramon, CA Interview (Negative Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at GE.
Interview Details – Hiring process was very slow, and they don't give any updates. They don't value the candidates *at least that's how I feel)
Here's the timeline:
1. Applied for the position on GE Career site
2. 2 weeks later, got a call from one of their recruiters to discuss the opportunity.
3. Heard back after 2 days to schedule another call with Sr. Recruiter 3 days later (total time - 3 weeks)
4. Heard back after 3 days and scheduled a call with couple of engineers 1 week later (total time - 4,5 weeks)
5. Heard back after 3 days, and they schedule an on-site interview after 10 days (total time - 7 weeks)
6. Had a great on-site interview, the feeling was very positive.
7. Send 2 emails to them after 4 days to request an update or feedback.
8. They replied 2 days later telling me that the Hiring Manager (who was traveling when I interviewed) wants to have a Skype interview 4 days later. (total time - 8.5 weeks)
9. On day of the Skype interview, Hiring Manage didn't call at the scheduled time. I emailed HR, and finally the Hiring Manager called 35 minutes after the schedule time.
10. 3 days after the Skype interview, still no updates. So I emailed HR and they requested for a couple of days to get feedback. (total time - 10 weeks)
11. Finally their HR called (and I thought this was going to be a good news). They said they have a follow up questions on my application. Since my application was submitted some 9-10 weeks after I submitted my resume, there was a minor difference between my application contents and my resume contents. I explained the changes to them, and the HR asked for couple of days for feedback.
11. HR called me 2-3 days later, and she gave me standard HR response: "Thanks for your interest in GE. While we feel your credentials are commendable, we have decided to move forward with another candidate. We feel their skills match the role closely."
I didn't say anything bad, and just thanked them for the update before hanging up. But seriously, WTH...it took them 12 weeks to figure out I am not the right guy? I am sure it was the resume-application mismatch that triggerred it - some really mundane stuff (my job title had changed in those 10-11 weeks)
Interview Question – It was all pretty easy stuff. Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at GE