Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs
- Summer Analyst (273)
- Operations Analyst (193)
- Analyst (117)
- Technology Analyst (96)
- Intern (70)
- Software Engineer (53)
- Summer Analyst - Technology (52)
- Investment Banking Analyst (43)
- Financial Analyst (37)
- Associate (36)
- Operations Summer Analyst (29)
- Technical Analyst (27)
- Strategist (23)
- Analyst/Developer (23)
- Quantitative Analyst (23)
- Vice President (23)
- Business Analyst (18)
- Senior Analyst Developer (16)
- Programmer Analyst (16)
- Operations Associate (15)
- Finance Analyst (14)
- Investment Banking Summer Analyst (12)
- Senior Software Engineer (12)
- Summer Technology Analyst (12)
- Credit Risk Analyst (11)
- Financial Analyst - Private Wealth Management (11)
- Legal Analyst (11)
- Technology Summer Analyst (10)
- Java Developer (10)
- Operations (9)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2013.
1:2 interviews. 2x 30 minute interviews back to back. very friendly interviewers. all behavioral questions, really wanted to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit for the culture.
- Tell us about a time you failed? Answer Question
Helpful (2)No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2012.
I got invited to the conference/information session, met with several employees in different division and also some of my interviewers. Had my first interview for the Op Risk, got called back for the final that evening and was offered to interview for the Credit risk program via phone, made it to the final round for that position. On the super day had 12 interviews (2:1) in total for the both positions (6 each). After the final round, I didn't hear back from them until 1.5months after for the Op risk and 2.5months after for the Credit risk. Found out that they were not extending any offer to me for either position
- How do you determine the risk profile of a company? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2012.
I got the interview through career center. I had two 30 minutes interview with one VP and one associate. All questions were fit questions. Please be prepare with basic fit questions and also the questions to ask interviewer. I didn't expect they only asked me a few questions and left plenty of time for me to ask them questions!!
- Do you have any question for me? (Be honest, I didn't expect I had 15 minutes left to ask questions) 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.
Don't try to fake yourself, it won't get you too far even if you get the job. They are looking for the right person who can fit into their own culture. First stage I did a one to one interview with a VP from the department. Second stage did three one to one interviews with VPs. It is not particularly harsh but clearly they are looking for some specific qualities in candidates. Be honest.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review