Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Google
- Software Engineer (1018)
- Product Manager (147)
- Intern (103)
- Software Engineer Intern (84)
- Software Developer (69)
- Senior Software Engineer (53)
- Associate Account Strategist (49)
- Associate Product Manager (44)
- Account Strategist (44)
- Software Development Engineer (43)
- Account Manager (41)
- Software Engineering Intern (37)
- Software Engineer In Test (36)
- Site Reliability Engineer (36)
- Administrative Assistant (33)
- Software Engineering (31)
- Engineering (31)
- Adwords Associate (29)
- Program Manager (27)
- Engineer (22)
- Technical Account Manager (20)
- Analyst (20)
- Technical Program Manager (20)
- Product Quality Analyst (20)
- Business Analyst (19)
- AdWords Representative (17)
- Systems Engineer (17)
- Financial Analyst (17)
- Quantitative Analyst (16)
- Senior Product Manager (16)
3 people found this helpful
Associate Account Strategist, AdWords Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google in April 2013.
My resume was sent in through employee referral, and I was quickly contacted by someone to fill out my basic information. I was then told when I would receive a phone call to go over a few things. I also was required to send in my unofficial transcripts. After the phone screen, I was scheduled for a 30 minute phone interview. I tried to prepare as best as possible, doing a lot of research about the position and relating my experiences to the job requirements. However, I was unprepared to answer the most unexpected questions. I'm not sure if they just want to see if you can think on your toes, or wanted to hear a specific answer. It was a really difficult interview and I am not surprised that they did not move forward with my application afterwards. The interviewer was really friendly and didn't make me feel stupid for some of the ridiculous answers I gave. All I can say is be prepared to answer some obscure questions, even for simple entry-level roles.
- Imagine you are Larry Page. You have unlimited resources to develop the next Google product. What do you design and why?
Who is your biggest role model and why?
What are you most proud of and why?
How would you spend $1 million in one day?
Describe the pros and cons of living in outer space.
What qualities should Google employees have?
Tell me something that isn't on your resume.
Imagine you are a college admissions dean. The ACT/SAT are gone and you need to evaluate students to enter your college. What do you do? Answer Question