Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting
- Consultant (65)
- Senior Consultant (18)
- Manager (11)
- Senior Manager (4)
- Senior Consultant II (3)
- Consulting Manager (2)
- Associate Consultant (2)
- Manager, Specialized Services (2)
- Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Entrly Level Consultant (1)
- Dynamics Ax Consultant (1)
- Oracle Applications SCM Functional EBS (1)
- Oracle PIM Functional Consultant (1)
- Oracle Data Warehouse/BI Consultant (1)
- Analyst/Human Resources Department (1)
- Consultant - Software Developer Position (1)
- Entry Consultant CORE (1)
- Consultant Core (1)
- SharePoint Architect (1)
- SharePoint Consultant (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Not Sure (1)
- Director Business Strategy Services (1)
- Manager Consulting Services (1)
- Technical Architect (1)
- Technology Consulting (1)
- Architect (1)
- Assistant Manager (1)
- IT Consultant (1)
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.
Applied on the university job board. Got scheduled for an on-campus interview for 45 minutes where I went over my resume and cool side projects. Since I came from an engineering background, some questions were about why I wanted to go into consulting. Mostly behavioral questions. The next round was a case question onsite and then a couple interviews onsite as well.
- Why do you want to go into consulting? What do you know about Hitachi? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Not that great of a reputation
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in December 2010.
There was a telephone interview with one of their architects. Pretty basic stuff. Then, I was invited to Seattle office for three rounds of interivew. First Round with another Senior Consultant, second round with director and the third round with VP. The interivew was good. They offered me the position within a week. They were very professional.
- How will you react with customers and deal some tough situations? Answer Question
Negotiate to get what you want.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in November 2010.
1st round campus interview with a Manager
If invited to next round, you are invited to their downtown seattle office (Convention center) for a full day interview session. This consists of 3 30 minute interviews, usually with a Senior Vice President, a director and a manager.
I only had one offer so didn't have much leverage during negotiation. If you have multiple offers, use it to get a better deal. And don't fall for the "everybody calling you and telling you how important you will be to the team"... Consultants are notorious for this.
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took a week – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Seattle, WA) in February 2008.
Interview was very well organized. The recruiter and recruiting team have a well-run process which includes a phone interview, then several 1:1 meetings with various levels of the consultancy (manager to VP). It also has case studies to test your knowledge. Hitachi also does a lot of behavioral interviewing. Very very well run!
- Part of external consultancy includes proposing new projects/selling? Tell me about a time when you had to sell an idea, etc... Answer Question
Negotiations were quick and reasonable. Able to negotiate sign-on bonus.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review