Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
QA/Development Engineer Interview
I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in October 2012.
Met Informatica at the Eecs Career Fair and was contacted shortly after by the recruiter for campus interview. Interviewer was not interested much in my resume. Immediately they started firing technical questions at me. Some on data structures, some on concurrency, and locks. Made it through the campus interview and was contacted after about a week and a half for an on-site interview in Redwood City. Recruiter replied very slowly about the details of the on-site interview. Eventually was contacted by someone else to schedule it. The on-site interview was even more technical. The questions are not too bad, but there are just a lot. By the end of the four 1-hr interviews, I got a headache. Treated me to lunch. It seemed like a very nice company, nice people. But definitely one of the most difficult interviews I have had.
- Some questions:
Implement a reader-writer lock.
Explain the way Java's memory allocation works (stack, heap, etc).
Swap two ints without using a tmp.
Sort a linked list.
Reverse a linked list.
Analyze the complexity of a program.
How to make a program more efficient.
Length of longest palindrome in a string. Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Informatica
- Software Engineer (26)
- Senior Software Engineer (6)
- Technical Support Engineer (6)
- Software Engineer QA (5)
- Senior QA Engineer (5)
- Senior Inside Sales Representative (4)
- QA Engineer (3)
- Principal Software Engineer (3)
- Technical Consultant (3)
- Software Engineer Intern (2)
- Senior Consultant (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Product Specialist (2)
- Associate Technical Support Engineer (2)
- QA (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Professional Services Analyst (2)
- Technical Writer (2)
- Territory Account Manager (1)
- Software Engineer R&D (1)
- LEAD AUTOMATION ENGINEER (1)
- Principal Engineer QE (1)
- Pre- Sales Engineer (1)
- Software Engineer (R&D) (1)
- Director Demand Generation (1)
- QA/Development Engineer (1)
- Senior Inside-Sales Representative (1)
- Documentation Intern (1)
- PowerCenter Developer (1)
- Certification Program Manager (1)