Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Intrado
- Senior Technical Project Manager (1)
- Implementation Specialist (1)
- Senior Project Specialist (1)
- Technical Support (1)
- Senior Director of Operations (1)
- Data Analyst (1)
- Database Administrator (1)
- Supervisor (1)
- Service Desk Supervisor (1)
- Associate Data Analyst 979650 (1)
- Incident Commander (1)
- DIU Supervisor (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Intrado (Longmont, CO).
The first interview was over the phone and very basic. Do you know where the company is, are you willing to make that drive if you live far, are you aware of the salary, etc. Then they schedule an in person interview with potential future managers. They will often schedule you with multiple managers from several different teams and it's usually a round-robin set of "standard" questions. If they like you, the manager with "first dibs" will make an offer. If they pass, the opportunity will go to the manager next in line, and so on and so forth.
- This is not a difficult question but it seems to be ignored or forgotten. Research the company. There is a lot more information available now than there was 10 years ago as they are public and have a much better marketing department. Have a general idea of what the company does and have a general idea of what the expectations are for the position you are applying for. It's okay to ask for more information on the department or the team you're interviewing for since they put multiple managers in a room to interview you. DON'T just ask the typical "What's YOUR favorite part of the job" type questions. Have questions, but don't make them think that you don't have a single clue what you just interviewed for. Answer Question
They will not let you negotiate salary - you get what you get. However they are very good about understanding time off needs even before you get hired. They will put approval in writing if requested.
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Intrado (Longmont, CO) in August 2013.
Received a phone call from the recruiter and we had a phone interview the first time he called. The next day I had an in person interview with a board. The day after that I received a phone call from a manager that was on vacation but wanted to interview me. The next day I received a job offer.
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months – interviewed at Intrado (Longmont, CO) in February 2012.
The hiring process was very long and tedious. The process took at least 6 to 8 weeks for all of the candidate interviews then the decision and finally salary negotiations. After the job offer then about two to three weeks for background checks and drug tests.
- I was grilled on many database platforms (at least 6) and was asked to demonstrate my skills by logging onto a test environment and run commands. Answer Question
The negotiation process was good - I received the salary I wanted.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Intrado (Longmont, CO) in September 2011.
Intrado uses a specific interviewing method which requires the interviewee to give very specific examples of past behavior in scenarios which the interviewer will choose, such as: "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee. What did you do?"
- The questions will be based on the job you are applying for, sometimes specifically technical or specific to management style. Be sure you are ready with examples. They will give you time to think and formulate, but they will expect an example related to their questions, for your history. Answer Question
I accepted the rate proposed.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Intrado (Longmont, CO) in January 2011.
Pretty good. Be prepared to ask a lot of questions and answer standard interview questions.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review