Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Jagex
- Software Engineer (1)
- Intern (1)
- Marketing Specialist (1)
- Animator (1)
- Game Designer (1)
- Senior Producer (1)
- Programming (1)
- Customer Support (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Jagex Player Support (1)
- Player Support Representative (1)
- Technical QA Engineer (1)
- Senior Tools Programmer (1)
- Localisation Manager (1)
- Runescape Content Developer (1)
- Mod MMG (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in October 2012.
A recruiter sent me the job posting. I sent back my CV. We arranged a telephone interview. Weeks (2) later Jagex sent the files to be translated as part of the recruitment process.
- Some of the sentences have different meanings in different countries, even if it is the same language Answer Question
Helpful (2)No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in August 2012.
The pre-interview is handled entirely by Jagex's HR department through emails. The first step is submit your CV and if it passes a review you are asked to complete a timed, online test covering subjects such as pseudocode, game design and general attitude. Those who pass this test are invited to a full day trial at Jagex's Cambridge office. The trial is divided into 2 parts - a coding section and a design section, with interviews thrown in at various points along the course of the day.
- Most questions are standard interview questions probing the applicants strengths and weaknesses, nothing really tricky. Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2011.
Not very professional, interviewers often forget this is a workplace and ask personal or irrelevant questions.
- A number of personal questions may be asked 1 Answer