Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at KLA-Tencor
- Applications Engineer (31)
- Applications Development Engineer (21)
- Software Engineer (14)
- Field Applications Engineer (8)
- Research Scientist (6)
- Product Development Engineer (4)
- Optical Engineer (4)
- Senior Software Engineer (4)
- Engineer (4)
- Electrical Design Engineer (2)
- Technical Support Engineer (2)
- Product Engineer (2)
- Product Marketing Manager (2)
- Algorithm Engineer (2)
- Associate Test Engineer (2)
- Senior Systems Design Engineer (2)
- Buyer/Planner (2)
- Software Engineer II (2)
- Application Developer (2)
- Application Engineer (2)
- Applications (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Software Design Engineer (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Human Resources Associate (1)
- Human Resources Intern (1)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (1)
- Senior Marketing Manager (1)
- Principal Research Scientist (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in April 2015.
Contacted by recruiter thru linkedin. Followed by a phone screening. The recruiter and the HR who contacted me were very nice and professional. However, the manager is very rude during the phone screening. He got mad when he didn't get the answer he want. Will never consider working in such a place.
- What is Schottky Diode. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a day – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Malta, NY).
Reached out by one of the engineers visiting on campus through career services. First, face to face interview on campus and then on-site interview. On-site interviews were run with the other candidate in parallel. The engineers rotated and asked questions through my past experiences and the stuff on my resume. Started around 10 am and finished around 3 PM with a lunch break in between. Most of the staff were friendly except one of the lead engineers. She was arrogant and asked me questions like criticizing me.
- What would you do if your co-worker is not providing the stuff that you are depended on in timely manner and it is very critical for your work ? How would you handle the situation ? 1 Answer
- No OfferDifficult InterviewNo OfferDifficult Interview
Technical questions a lot, which is related to your major and field to work on. Well organized interview process by multiple people with different level and background. Interview people are expert in this field, and ask deep and in detail in related field. They care about if you have the right skills and can make contribution to the company. The interview make take several (5 to 6) hours in a day.
- Your idea about some challenge on their products. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2014.
My resume was passed along by a colleague who works at KLA-Tencor. I got a call by a recruiter out of the blue who proceeded to give me a somewhat rigorous technical interview (which was hard because I had no time to prepare), and it went so rough I honestly thought I would not get a call back. Nonetheless, I was invited for an on-site interview about two weeks later. It consisted of 5 half-hour interviews with different people on the Applications teams. Talked a lot about the nature of the position, since it required 50% travel. They were nice people but constantly interrupted the interview to take phone calls.
- How would you develop a SEM technique for detecting structural defects in a sample? 27 balls puzzle. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2014.
I've got a call from HR first then another call from a hiring manager.
My hiring manager was late to call more than 10 min. but it was okay. The call was very short and I was invited for on-site interview.
On interview, 5 interviewrs were arranged. However they were very disorganized. 3 of them were not shown on time. I was wait for more than 10 -20 min. Two of them complained about their job functions which was not professional at all. I felt the job or company looks slow & not mch attractive.
- Nothing special Answer Question
- No OfferNo Offer
email to me to see if we can have phone interview, then got a call from them. have little bit discussion
- what do you think of using ANSYS? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at KLA-Tencor.
Email contact, phone interview, and onsite interview + seminar
- The phone interview was mainly about my background and role responsibility of this position. Then, I was scheduled to have the onsite interview. It's a full day long, seminar + interviews with 6 engineers there (~30 mins each). They described their hardware system and ask me how to synthesize a controller for position tracking purpose. Describe the controller design procedure. I also got a question regarding problem solving at customer site if the controller didn't work properly, what should you do? Other than that, the question related to my background and some technical issues they are facing with. I have a great experience of this interview. Answer Question
- No OfferNo Offer
apply on online and get a email from the company.talk about something like beavour question and something about ccd CMOS.then no more contact
- do you know CCD Answer Question
- No OfferAverage InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2014.
I applied to this position in the campus recruit online from the university website and then was told to have an interview in the second day after career fair on campus. The interview including information about this position, an introduction to myself, my strengths, my experience on how to solve problems, my experience on electronic devices,
- none Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferAverage InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at KLA-Tencor.
had one phone interview, all behavior questions. On-site interview includes an algorithm test to detect the defects in image
- the algorithm test Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review