Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at LA Fitness (UK)
- Personal Trainer (9)
- MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR (3)
- Front Desk (2)
- Sales Counselor (2)
- Assistant FItness Manager (2)
- Personal Training Counselor (2)
- Personal Training Coordinator (1)
- Cub Staff/Babysitter (1)
- Membership Sales Counselor (1)
- Janitor (1)
- Intern (1)
- Aerobics Instructor (1)
- Weekend Manager (1)
- Membership Sales Advisor (1)
- Receptionest (1)
- Call Center (1)
- Receptionist (1)
- Member Services (1)
- Security (1)
- Operations Manager (1)
- Trainer (1)
- Training Director (1)
- General Manager (1)
- Gym Sales (1)
- Group Fitness Instructor (1)
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 5 days – interviewed at LA Fitness (UK).
The hiring process was very fast and pitchy meaning the interviewer was trying to sale me on the job. And the opportunity to make lots of money sounded great only if I was about to make the sales, otherwise the pay would have been little to none.
- Are you willing to work 6 days a week? Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in May 2014.
The interview was straight forward. They want new memberships and to meet quotas. They asked me 3 times in the interview if I was comfortable with being in a place that drove memberships first and foremost. They mentioned how a typical work week would be and what their expectations were for cold calling and field time. They had fairly detailed expectations for what a good membership counselor is compared to one that is less than effective. They kept talking about the fast track to management and that being promoted to weekend Manager and then to General Manager running your own club was the ultimate goal. And all of this would be available for someone that came in and sold to their production expectations. Full benefits and schedule were discussed at the end.
- Their big question was can someone handle the grind of making sometimes hundreds of phone calls and making field visits to bring in memberships during every shift. 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
A better offer came up closer to home.
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in February 2011.
I've got a call from GM in the morning. We scheduled the interview in the afternoon that day. Emergency suddenly came up so I had to reschedule the interview. I called in and politely asked for the GM to reschedule to next time other than today. The GM did not even come to the phone. He made the receptionist at the front desk to respond and say, "he said nevermind, it's ok. Thanks though." That was it. I mean gyms like LA Fitness and Lifetime fitness may seem very nice inside and out but the staffs and managements on site are totally unprofessional like this. They are so rude. He did not even have a courtesy to pick up the phone and say it himself. I know few other people also did not have pleasant experience with the staffs b/c of their unprofessional behaviors and speech. Some of them are way too laid back, cocky, and speak so sluggish, I can barely understand. I hope the corporate actually takes control and really screen who becomes GM & in management and such. I am glad I didn't waste my time there.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day – interviewed at LA Fitness (UK) in June 2008.
Good company. They tend to rope you in and make you work more then you'll ever want to. They talk about the large possibilities, most of which are unattainable. Great people, care about their employees. For the job, you must be very outgoing and willing to do almost anything for the sale.
- Are you ready to work hard? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review