Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Life Technologies
- Intern (7)
- Associate Manufacturing Technician (4)
- Financial Analyst (3)
- Scientist III (2)
- Inside Sales (2)
- Senior Manager (2)
- Senior Associate (2)
- Scientist (2)
- Scientist I (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Product Manager (2)
- Tax Intern (1)
- Associate Account Representative (1)
- Manager Software (1)
- Senior Applications Scientist (1)
- Technical Applications Scientist II (1)
- Buyer/Planner II (1)
- Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP) (1)
- Internal (1)
- IT Business Analyst Intern (1)
- Senior Field Applications Scientist (1)
- Freelance Creative (1)
- Sales Ops Analyst (1)
- Intern - Accounting (1)
- C'mon Glassdoor (1)
- Human Resources Legal Intern (1)
- IT Team Member (1)
- Supply Chain Management Trainee (1)
- SOX Compliance Intern (1)
- Consumables Sales Associate (1)
Helpful (4)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Life Technologies (Frederick, MD) in November 2013.
Applied on company website, contacting after 3 wks for phone interview which was scheduled the following week. One week later scheduled in house interview with multiple interviewers. Interview process very professional with the majority of the questions being technical in nature. Only a couple of behavioral questions (communication, teamwork). Really enjoyed the process. Everyone seemed genuinely engaged in the process, had questions ready and took notes.
- Don't feel that any of the questions were difficult, but also felt that I was well qualified for the position. No questions were really unexpected, but did review most common behavioral interview questions on various websites. Answer Question
Was told up front that salary was not negotiable, however did try to negotiate on other points, but they were not accepted.
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Life Technologies (Frederick, MD).
Their hiring and interview process makes child birth seem like a trip to Disney Land, and for what purpose? They treat you like a dog once they hire you and fire people at the drop of a hat. You would do well to avoid working for this company they could care less about their employees.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years 1 Answer
No negotiation, they offer very little in way of perks other than over cooked hot dogs and hamburgers at a few insignificant employee cookouts during the summer.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Life Technologies (Frederick, MD) in July 2010.
Just had a phone interview with a panel over a period of 3-4 hours, mostly behavioral and time management type questions asked
- Interview was in 2010, so I cannot recollect the specifics. Answer Question