Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Lockheed Martin
- Software Engineer (44)
- Systems Engineer (43)
- Intern (34)
- Engineering (21)
- Engineer (16)
- Financial Analyst (14)
- Multi Functional Financial Analyst (12)
- Senior Software Engineer (12)
- Software Engineer Asc (11)
- Software Engineer Associate (11)
- Subcontract Administrator (7)
- Electrical Engineer (7)
- Mechanical Engineer (7)
- Manufacturing Engineer (6)
- Systems Engineer Staff (6)
- Project Manager (6)
- Engineering Intern (6)
- Proposal Analyst (5)
- Human Resources (5)
- Systems Engineer Asc (5)
- Senior Systems Engineer (5)
- College Student Tech Spec (5)
- Program Manager (4)
- College Student Technical Specialist (4)
- Senior Engineer (4)
- Analyst (4)
- Aerospace Engineer (4)
- Systems Engineer Associate (4)
- Systems Administrator (4)
- Systems Integration Analyst (3)
Mechanical Engineer Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2013.
I applied at a university job fair. Had a short informal interview/meeting with the recruiters the next day. Then was contacted a month later for an interview on site in California with the space systems company.
- I spoke with many other candidates before and after the interviews. Some were asked some very difficult technical questions, such as transforming a transfer function from the frequency to time domain, but most weren't really asked anything. My own interview was so uninvolved that I was sure I was not going to receive an offer. But, I got the offer-- very strange. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
The pay offered was very low and non negotiable. $67,000 in Sunnyvale California. They want graduating engineer students from the top of their class at half of what these new engineers can get elsewhere.
Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin
Mechanical Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in July 2009.
The key for me when I got hired was that I have a BS in Engineering from an ABET school and my GPA was above a 3.0. I also had a secret security clearance when I interviewed which helps a great deal. I also had a lot of experience with 3D design software when I came into the company.
- I would say question and discussions about desired salary. Answer Question
awful. It was not a pleasant experience and HR got over on me pretty bad. I have yet to recover and I am so far behind my peers in salary that if I stay I will probably never truely catch up. Lesson learned, don't let HR take advantage of you.
Mechanical Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Owego, NY) in March 2008.
Typical process: HR/ recruiter screen, hiring manager phone interview, in-person interview. Better chance at full-time employment if you use a job fair or co-op as a college student.
- Typical questions: Leadership, experience,"what would you do in this situation..." Answer Question
Formal offer from HR/ hiring manager, competitive salary ranges.