Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's
- Customer Service Associate (146)
- Cashier (124)
- Department Manager (87)
- Head Cashier (72)
- Sales Specialist (60)
- Sales Associate (57)
- Assistant Store Manager (55)
- CSA (55)
- Seasonal Cashier (51)
- Customer Service Associate II (45)
- Cashier - Front End (23)
- Human Resources Manager (21)
- Customer Service Associate I (20)
- Part Time Cashier (19)
- Department Manager Lowes (19)
- Millwork Sales Specialist (17)
- Csa Front End (16)
- Loader (14)
- Installed Sales Coordinator (13)
- Appliance Sales Specialist (13)
- Sales Specialist Flooring (12)
- Unload Associate (12)
- Manager (11)
- Delivery Driver (11)
- Assistant Manager (10)
- Store Manager (10)
- Assembler (10)
- Customer Service Associate III (9)
- Seasonal Employee (9)
- Kitchen Designer (8)
Department Manager - Millwork Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Lowe's (Portsmouth, VA) in October 2012.
You'll be contacted usually within a week if the HR Manager is interested. You'll typically first interview with her; this is usually a basic "describe yourself" and your ambitions interview. If it proceeds to the next interview, then it will be scenario based. You'll receive questions evaluating your response to certain events/scenarios. Upon successful completion of the second, sometimes third, interview, you'll be called back withing 3-7 days for a Job offer. This company does drug test on the spot if you accept the offer.
- "Corporate has developed an initiative to increase sales in your specified area. You don't agree with the initiative, and think it will negatively impact the sales performance of your department in general. What do you do?" Answer Question
I wouldn't negotiate unless you are coming from the outside, and have significant experience to bring. My promotions have all be internal, and I took what I could get! I've been somewhat satisfied with the pay increases with each promotion though; they were more that I was expecting.
Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's
Department Manager - Millwork InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Lowe's (Woodbridge, VA) in August 2012.
Asked a lot of hypothetical questions on how issues would be resolved, what plans I had to improve my department which was not hitting budget.
- What Is something I could improve about myself. Answer Question
Department Manager - Millwork InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Lowe's (Carrollton, TX) in April 2012.
Asked basic questions on how to motivate employees and how to bring up a department if it is not performing to expectations. Asked selling questions as the store is more of selling-retail instead of retail-selling.
- How would you motivate an employee whose performance has been slipping? 1 Answer
Department Manager - Millwork InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Lowe's (Houston, TX) in February 2010.
Very quick response on initial interview, interviewed with HR & asst. manager, called back week later with store mgr. Next store manager interview will call in three days, no call, called HR, mgr scheduled 2 meeting today, asst. manager talked , store manager had me evaluate customer service in store while he was doing something, asst manager went over with me about cust. service in store, Mgr in HR office with door open he could hear our discussion. Then after being there a total of one hour mgr comes in and say he will get back with me on Monday????? No offer, No drug test what is up?
- Nothing out of ordinary just to see if you will be competent managing others Answer Question