Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Mary Kay
- Independent Beauty Consultant (13)
- Beauty Consultant (3)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Sales Director With Mary Kay (2)
- Independent Sales Representative (2)
- Consultant (2)
- Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (1)
- Idependant Consultant (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Sales Representative (1)
- Engineer (1)
- Internship (1)
- Intern (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Technical Consultant (1)
- Accountant (1)
- Front End Developer (1)
- Sales Director (1)
- Income Tax Analyst (1)
- I Just Want to Use Glassdoor to Find Reliable Income (1)
- Project Manager US Interactive Consumer Marketing (1)
- Intern Logistics (1)
- Human Resources Gen/Recruiter (1)
- Contractor (Corporate Design Division) (1)
- Corporate Employee - Non-manager (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.
Received an email from Human Resources to schedule an interview by telephone. Responded to email on the same day and received return email with date and time to schedule telephone interview for the next day. Human Resources called at scheduled time and conducted a screening type interview.
- The interview was really just a screening call to determine salary requirements. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.
First phone interview. And then onsite interview. The onsite interview is 1 hour, the interview was really conversational. The two interviewer are really nice and introduced a lot about Mary Kay. They began with small talk and then asked me about my internship experience and so on. At last, they told me that they will give me the result in one week. However, I got the result after ten days. The HR left me a voice message and when I called back, she did not answer the phone. Anyway, very frustrated experience.
- Internship experience. 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in March 2015.
It was a phone interview. The lady was extremely nice and made me believe that she wanted me to succeed. I don't typically like phone interviews because you can't relate to the interviewer, but the lady that interviewed me was really personable.
- What experience have you had with communication audits and how would you go about them within our company. 1 Answer
Helpful (3)No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Mary Kay.
Telephone Screen then onsite face to face. Met with hiring manager at MK and discussed role and working environment. Be sure to understand the MK history and senior leadership. MK Corporate is a Business Dress environment - work spaces look adequate and location is close to many stores/restaurants. Easy commute via DNT.
- Interviewer asked questions about most difficult project and what I did to overcome difficulty. Most of the questions were the usual PM questions. Answer Question
- No OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Mary Kay in April 2014.
They gave me a phone call interview. But it took almost 1 month waiting for the result although I emailed to check for several times. The interview process was quite good. However they didn't accept me.
- How do you utilize your leadership skill and give us an example? Answer Question
- No Offer
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mary Kay.
At the beginning I did not answer the call from the hire manager. However, she called again and ask some questions about personal information. She ask about relocation, and which type of visa, full time or part time. How many hours I prefer...But after that, no more calls from that company.
- only basic questions for personal information Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Mary Kay in June 2010.
Informal during a company sponsored event.
Helpful (1)No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Mary Kay in December 2009.
Obtaining the interview was easier than normal since I was already working there as a contractor. But, since they hardly automatically convert contractors to full-time employees. I had to apply. They set up the bar so high and always find one bullet point in the job description to hold on to that. This Business Analyst position that I applied required some financial background, but they made it seem like you have to have a Financial degree with masters in technology. This was not the only position I applied for, but the process is the same. The interview process is more intended for you to get disappointed, making you feel you don't qualify (even though you have 90% of the requirements). And to tell you the truth there is people inside that you ask yourself how in the world they got hired. The Culture and benefits were great back in 2006, but they have been decaying over the years considerably. Hopefully it gets back like it was before.
- Why would make you a good fit for this position? 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review