Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at McAfee
- Software Engineer (8)
- Senior Software Engineer (8)
- Software Development Engineer (7)
- Inside Sales Representative (7)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (6)
- Software QA Engineer (6)
- Manager (4)
- Software Developer (4)
- Intern (4)
- Associate Software Engineer (3)
- Senior Software QA Engineer (3)
- Engineering (3)
- Lead Development Representative (3)
- Principal Engineer (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Associate Software Dev Engineer (2)
- Technical Lead (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Graduate Software Engineer (2)
- Summer Intern (2)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (2)
- Sales Engineer (2)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- UI Designer (1)
- UI Developer (1)
- Account Executive (1)
- Account Manager (1)
- Administrative (1)
- Senior Manager (1)
- Senior Programmer Analyst (1)
Software Development Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at McAfee in April 2011.
had 1 phone interview which was fully technical.. Asked about work exp, database, netowrking and OO concepts.. a bit of algorithms... he was mostly seeing whether my basics were good..
onsite interview had 4 rounds.. 2 were more on projects, challenges faced etc. Others were technical on similar topics and asked to write code on the board.
Other Interview Reviews for McAfee
Software Development Engineer InterviewInterview Details
Difficult and 5 rounds
1. Written Test:- 30 questions from verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning +20 aptitude Questions ,It was the toughest paper,like eltmus questation .
The written test had 50 questions and were given 1 hour to solve it.
Today cutoff is 28 questions.
2.my technical interview was for approx 110 to 120 minutes duration( Blackboard Presentation on code + Questions on computer communication network+memory mangement questaton+questaton from open the file close the file+basic java+3 puzzles questons+alogrithm of data structure)Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsNO NEGOTIATIONAccepted Offer
- Names of previous interviewrs Answer Question
Software Development Engineer InterviewApplication Details
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week – interviewed at McAfee.Interview Details
At the time of the interview, there were 2 open positions. A software development position and a security research position. I couldn't decide which of them I wanted more, so I applied to both of them, which caused an increase of the number of interviews.
All interviewers were professional and didn't try to make the interview too technical, which I likedInterview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive Experience
- I had to spot a security problem in c code Answer Question