Interviews for Top Jobs at Mentor Graphics
- Software Development Engineer (8)
- Senior Software Engineer (4)
- Corporate Marketing Engineer (4)
- Technical Marketing Engineer (3)
- Software Development (2)
- Member Technical Staff (2)
- Senior Applications Engineer (2)
- Product Marketing Manager (2)
- Software Engineer (2)
- Applications Engineer (2)
- Intern (2)
- Associate Technical Marketing Engineer (2)
- ATME (1)
- Rotational Emulation Engineer (1)
- Market Analyst (1)
- Marketing Manager (1)
- Software Test Engineer (1)
- Associate Applications Engineer (1)
- Lead Member Technical Staff (1)
- Software Development Intern (1)
- Smts (1)
- Staff Software Engineer (1)
- Hardware Verification Engineer (1)
- Director, Product Marketing (1)
- Embedded Software Engineer (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Verification Consultant (1)
- QA Engineer (1)
- Systems Administrator (1)
- Marketing Business Analyst (1)
1 person found this helpful
Director, Product Marketing Interview
The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Mentor Graphics in January 2010.
Cordial initial contact. Clear job description.
Phone screen, then meet-for-coffee screen, then small-team lunch screens.
Then, grueling multi-day, 6 people/day, 1on1 interviews.
Interrogation on Technical knowledge.
No interest in operational excellence, or matching passion to areas of contribution.
No feedback on presented 100-day plan.
Rather long drawn-out process, with no clear time-frame for a decision.
Stopped process to pursue other opportunities.
- Some interviewers clearly wanted a only a high-level strategic-thinking person, who could then build mind-share with different groups to get dotted-line resource assignment so that all tactical and logistic execution can be accomplished.
Other interviewers wanted a hands-on tactical person to execute direction from a Sr strategic decision maker, without additional resources. View Answer