Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Microsoft
- Software Development Engineer (732)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (500)
- Program Manager (326)
- Intern (257)
- Software Developer (121)
- Software Engineer (74)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (67)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II (57)
- Software Development Engineer II (56)
- Technical Account Manager (52)
- Senior Program Manager (45)
- Program Manager Intern (44)
- Associate Consultant (43)
- Project Manager (43)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (41)
- Product Manager (38)
- Product Advisor (35)
- Hardware Engineer (30)
- Account Manager (29)
- Marketing Manager (25)
- Software Development Engineer I (25)
- Technical Support Engineer (23)
- Sales (21)
- Software Engineer II (20)
- Engineering (20)
- Support Engineer (20)
- Program Manager II (19)
- Premier Field Engineer (19)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (18)
- Marketing (18)
Financial Analyst Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in February 2011.
First round interviews occurred on campus at the University. The interview was 1:1 and consisted mostly of behavior interview questions. There was one technical question testing understanding of finance. At the end of the interview I was told I would hear back from Microsoft shortly. I was then offered a final round interview in Seattle. I traveled to Microsoft HQ a couple of weeks later. Final round interviews were four 1:1 interviews that were both behavioral and technical.
- (Given 4 financial statements) Microsoft is about to roll out a new Star Wars game on Xbox to promote usage of the Xbox Kinect. How would you price the product and evaluate the project? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft
Financial Analyst InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in August 2010.
Interview scheduled through my recruiting agency. First phone interview for about 30 minutes and later in-person for about 45minutes.
Financial Analyst InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in December 2008.
long, frustrating. mistakes made by HR. No follow up by HR or hiring manager. Not a good experience.
- Why have you stayed in your current position? Answer Question
Financial Analyst InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2011.
This was a long process beginning with campus recruiting. That was very much a case type interview that required no prep. I was invited to final round interviews in the greater Seattle area. MS' talent sourcing group did all the leg work in arranging my travel and accommodations. The company was very welcoming to recruits and made the day of interviews as pleasant as possible. It made for a long day consisting of 4 different interviews with various levels of company personal. Surprisingly, the interviews with the higher level personnel were easier than the one with the more junior personnel. Three of the four were conversational and the fourth was a business case to see how well a new hire would think on their feet. Overall, it was a great experience and I was pretty bummed it didn't work out. Oh well.
- Which of these three cars would you chose to buy and why? How would you go about making your decision? Answer Question