Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Microsoft
- Software Development Engineer (655)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (484)
- Program Manager (311)
- Intern (226)
- Software Developer (116)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (67)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II (57)
- Software Engineer (57)
- Software Development Engineer II (46)
- Technical Account Manager (44)
- Program Manager Intern (44)
- Senior Program Manager (40)
- Associate Consultant (39)
- Project Manager (39)
- Product Manager (34)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (33)
- Hardware Engineer (28)
- Software Development Engineer I (25)
- Account Manager (24)
- Technical Support Engineer (23)
- Marketing Manager (21)
- Engineering (20)
- Product Advisor (20)
- Program Manager II (18)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (18)
- Sales (17)
- Senior Product Manager (17)
- Marketing (16)
- Consultant (16)
- Senior Consultant (15)
Software Development Engineer (SDE) Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.
One of the their recruiters contacted me on LinkedIn around mid June, after the initial talks had my phone screen 2 weeks after and attended a recruiting event in Vancouver a month after that only duo to my own availability! They HR team accommodated my every need and worked around my schedule!!
As for the offer it took around a week and then another weeks or so for us to work on my counter offer! After that another week or so of background checks!
Overall it has been exciting and very efficient process!
- Similar to other bigger companies mostly around data structures, designs and solving challenging stuff on the board in an hour slot interviews. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft
Software Development Engineer (SDE) InterviewApplication Details
I applied through other source. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Microsoft in July 2012.Interview Details
I was did my summer internship in Microsoft India. The interviews were part of converting the internship to Full Time Employment.
I had 3 interviews on different days. My performance in the interviews were not great. But I was given the offer because Microsoft was hiring massively for Bing and review from my mentor was positive.
(I have listed all the questions in the interviews)Interview Questions
Reasons for Declining
- Consider a linked list with two pointers where the 1st pointer is the normal next pointer and the second one randomly points to some other node in the list. Given such a list as input clone it. Answer Question
- Find the largest palindrome in a given string. Come up with the best algorithm you can. Answer Question
- There are n petrol bunks arranged in circle. Each bunk is separated from the next one by a certain distance. You choose some mode of travel which needs 1 litre of petrol to cover 1 km distance. You can't draw any amount of petrol from each bunk, but each bunk has some limited petrol. Find if there is any point in the circle from which you can start? If there is one such point find the point. Answer Question
- Implement a variation of stack with push,pop and getmin in O(1) complexity Answer Question
- Given:2 sorted arrays, one of size m and other of size m+n, but in the 2nd array only n elements are present.
Arrange both the sorted arrays in the bigger array. Finally the bigger array should be sorted. Answer Question
Got a better job in campus placements in my college.Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
Software Development Engineer(SDE) InterviewApplication Details
I applied in-person. The process took a day – interviewed at Microsoft in August 2008.Interview Details
There were 4 interview in a day, each long about 1 hour.
Each interview consits of 3 part: logic question, coding question, other questions.
If you don't know how to solve task - don't be silent, ask questions!Interview Questions
Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
- What is your most chanllenge Answer Question