Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Ministry of Justice UK
- Policy Manager (1)
- Legal Adviser (1)
- Registry Officer - Collections (1)
- Change Portfolio Manager (1)
- Senior Performance Adviser - London (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK.
Had to give a presentation five minutes maximum, then competencies based interview. Three people in the panel and it lasted about 40 minutes. No trick questions, just how have you demonstrated evidence based policy making, planning, motivating staff, delivering a final product etc. There was an interest in demonstrating project management skills.
- Give me an example of where you have used evidence to influence a decision 1 Answer
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Invercargill (New Zealand)) in August 2009.
When I first applied for the position online via seek, I was required to fill in a very detailed self assessment form. I had to give a detailed description of a time in my previous employement where I demostrated Responsibility, Teamwork, Perserverance, Accountability and Negotiation. I also wrote a cover letter and sent in my CV. After this process I waited for atleast a month, after which I was phoned and asked to come in for an interview. The interview process lasted about an hour and a half. I was asked many of the above questions again. I was also reguired to sit a personality test and an Iq test. I was later offered a different position than the one I originaly applied for, however it was a fixed term contract which was not appropriate for me at the time.
- Give us a specific example of a time during your previous employment where you have shown accountability and responsibility what was the outcome of the situation? Answer Question
- Give us a specific example of a time during your previous employment where you have had to take responsibility for a mistake you made. What was the outcome? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Because it was a fixed term contract which did not suit me.