Morgan Stanley Director - Operations Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Summer Analyst (101)
- Operations Analyst (58)
- Quantitative Analyst (41)
- Technology Analyst (39)
- Intern (36)
- Analyst (30)
- Investment Banking Analyst (28)
- Software Engineer (27)
- Associate (27)
- Software Developer (23)
- Financial Advisor (18)
- Financial Advisor Trainee (12)
- Finance Analyst (12)
- Financial Analyst (11)
- Vice President (11)
- Business Analyst (10)
- Senior Software Developer (9)
- Equity Research Associate (8)
- Executive Assistant (6)
- FAA (6)
- Credit Risk Analyst (6)
- Financial Advisor Associate (6)
- Engineering (6)
- Executive Director (5)
- Technical Analyst (5)
- Vice President - IT (5)
- Senior Manager (5)
- Senior Associate (5)
- Sales Analyst (5)
- Trader (4)
Director - Operations Interview (Neutral Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2012.
Interview Details – Typical Phone interview with Recruiter, follow up phone interview with a manager, onsite interview
1) Recruiter interview.. basic screening call to understand background and interest. very easy call
2) Phone interview with manager - resume review, some questions on background and the job
3) Onsite interview - 1 interview with ED. Poorly coordinated, the ED didin't even show up. No Greeter or reception... poorly managed and coordinated. Had to reschedule (I should have seen this as a warning sign at how poorly things are run there).
Interview Question – What is your experience in managing a team? Answer Question
Negotiation Details – Negotiation is possible... don't be fooled by their "Total Compensation" number.. its mostly a mirage and a lie. They will underpay you by giving you a low base, and a promise of a large bonus number, that will make your total look impressive. In this environment, nobody outside front office trading/sales/inv banking is getting bonuses.. get as much of base as you can, or ask for front loaded signing bonus rather than year end (which will most likely get cut). Don't trust their bonus number!
Director, Operations Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2013.
Interview Details – I applied for a Temp contract, the application process involved submitting a C.V then being interviewed as part of a generic group the phone interviewed by the hiring manager. After being taken on and working as a Temp for 6 month I was taken on full-time.
Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you failed to meet a deliverable and how did you communicate this. Answer Question
Negotiation Details – Yes, look on the salary slide to determine where best you think you can pitch on experience by grade.
Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley