Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel
- Auditor (1)
- Server (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Marketing Representative (1)
- IT Service Desk Specialist (1)
- Minion (1)
- Valet (1)
- Casino Floor Server (1)
- No OfferAverage InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
The process took a week – interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel.
IT took 2 weeks for the interview process. First you have to pass the phone interview before you can do person to person interview. Questions were basic, just asking about work experiences, your strength, your weakness, and so on.
- Tell me about yourself? What are your strength and weakness? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Prior Lake, MN) in April 2014.
The overall experience of the interview wasn't bad, though I will say it was a little unprofessional due to the format of the interview and the fact that the email describing my instructions prior to the interview and how to actually get to the interview didn't arrive until i was already on my way to said interview.
- I was asked about the most difficult moment in my career in which a colleague and I did not agree on something and how I resolved it. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person – interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Prior Lake, MN).
Interview process is easy
- Are you able to work with a diverse group of people Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Prior Lake, MN).
I applied on a Friday and was called by a recruiter on Monday for an interview on Tuesday. The interview began at the Human Resources building which is separate from the casino. My initial impression was not great considering I had to walk through a cloud of smoke from a group of people smoking literally right outside the door. I was brought into a little room containing two chairs and a computer and was given two tasks to complete in 30 minutes. The first was editing a memo of spelling and grammar mistakes. The second was writing a business memo about why I would be the best candidate for the job. I then spoke with the hiring manager for about 30 minutes. This was not enough time and I felt rushed as she was obviously very busy. They told me they would be calling me in a couple days and the recruiter did. The second interview was at the casino in the business offices with the hiring manager and the director. The hiring manager was professional and very friendly, but the director did not dress professionally and gave an impression of not liking his job, trying to intimidate me, or simply didn't want to waste his time interviewing me. I left the interview with a bad taste in my mouth after that experience.
- The most difficult question I was given was if I had experience working with people who have gambling addiction and how I feel about that. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review