Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Netflix
- Customer Service Representative (48)
- Senior Software Engineer (44)
- Software Engineer (12)
- Senior Software Engineer In Test (7)
- Marketing Manager (5)
- Director of Engineering (5)
- Engineering (5)
- Operations Supervisor (5)
- Coordinator (4)
- Customer Service Supervisor (4)
- Manager (4)
- Data Scientist (4)
- CSR-1 (3)
- Director (3)
- Engineer (3)
- Senior QA Engineer (2)
- Senior UNIX Administrator (2)
- Lab Engineer (2)
- Recruiter (2)
- Senior Financial Analyst (2)
- Data Analyst (2)
- Operations Manager (2)
- Engineering Manager (2)
- Content (2)
- Global Customer Service Representative (2)
- Supervisor (2)
- Customer Service Representative (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Human Resources (1)
- Mobile Developer (1)
6 people found this helpful
Senior Software Engineer, Architect Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Netflix in November 2011.
After speaking with a Recruiter who had an informal HR interview I was setup for a phone screen. I went through 3 rounds of phone interviews before being rejected.
- How does a garbage collection system work? How will you prevent an object from being garbage collected?
Write N-ary tree traversal code to search a node given a String key.
How many JVM instances does a tomcat server have? How would it handle multiple applications with different versions of same api (for instance log4j)?
Explain wait and notify.
What is the difference between a static class and a singleton class?
Why do you want to work for Netflix? View Answers (2)
- What is a deadlock? Explain.
What is Spring framework?
HTTP is a stateless protocol. How is HttpSession implemented then?
What is String.intern()?
My Hashtable returns in constant time for most keys but for certain ones it takes a while. What is wrong?
Explain volatile keyword. Is volatile keyword thread-safe?
Explain a few design patterns.
Name a few methods from Object class and tell what do they do.
There is an integer array which only contains 1s, 2s and 3s. How will you sort it?
What value has UML added in your projects?
Java API says if you override equals method you should override hashCode too. Why? Answer Question