Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Nextag
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer II (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Account Executive (1)
- Statistician (1)
- Business Development (1)
- Sales (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Content Analyst (1)
- NOC Engineer (1)
- Database Administrator (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Software Engineer Internship (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Nextag (San Mateo, CA) in July 2011.
A fantastic company that provided all the details of the different departments to give a good idea of each job description. A lot of new initiatives being offered and a lot of opportunity.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Nextag (San Mateo, CA) in July 2009.
Interviewed with 3 people: senior engineer, principal engineer and the director.
All of them asked about previous job experience.
Then they asked some brain teaser and technical questions.
All the technical questions were database related:
*) what type of indexing needed for a search engine
*) what type of indexing needed to store words for spell checker
My only gripe about this interview was the engineers sometimes did not explain
the problem very clearly. When I asked for more details, their hints were not helpful.
- Write a SQL command that returns users' order history and the total cost of each order including shipping. There are 3 tables: users table, orders table, order details table. 3 Answers
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Nextag (San Mateo, CA) in January 2009.
The recruiter found my resume online and contacted me for a Software Engineer position. We just exchanged emails and the recruiter sent me an online programming test to solve. It was a problem to find the number of perfect shuffles required to return the deck to its original order given a deck of nCards and cutting iCut number of cards from the top. I wrote the program in java and sent over the solution. After that I did not hear back from them. I thought I did pretty well. But overall, a nice experience.
- Write a programming test to solve a perfect card shuffle problem Answer Question