Interviews for Top Jobs at Norfolk Southern Railway
- Management Trainee (6)
- Conductor (5)
- Railroad Freight Conductor (4)
- Claim Agent (1)
- Mechanical Supervisor (1)
- Information Technology (1)
- Designer (1)
- Operations Supervisor Trainee (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Applications Development (1)
- Track Laborer (1)
- Train (1)
- Operations Research (1)
- Management Trainee - Transportation (1)
- Operation Management Training(Signals) (1)
- Conductor Trainee (1)
- Information Technology Trainee (1)
- Lead Packaging and SCCM Engineer (1)
- Maintenance of Way Intern (1)
- RACS (1)
Operation Management Training(Signals) Interview
The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Norfolk Southern Railway in February 2011.
1 session in Norfolk,Va
Flight in the night before
Info session then a interview with a HR newbie
1 session in Atlanta, Ga
Flight in on Thursday
Info session Thursday night with a meet and greet
Friday interviews; 2 separate interviews with 2 people in the room
Both sessions were pretty much the same material with Atlanta adding contact with operational leadership.
This is were the problem was for me
Managers are uneducated, condescending and extremely unprofessional
Although they have engineering titles they have very little understanding of true engineering practices. I left the meet and greet feeling NS only has 1 decent person in the signal department.
The HR personnel were even worse, very large egos with nothing to back it up. I left the interview process knowing I would never work for NS.The personnel were so bad I considered walking out during the interview.
Reasons for Declining
Unprofessional organization with no real future for me.